Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought an ACI Maverick as a Back up Gun, and when it arrived yesterday, it wouldn't cock. I've taken it apart, and still can't figure this out. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah. Ok, Thank you very, very much. I did not know that, and the manual never mentioned that. I now feel very stupid, but educated. Now that I think about it, the mechanism makes sense. Thanks again.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, feel free to quote, lol.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
True, but the mechanism is extemely simple, when you stop and think about it rationally. When the Gun didn't cock at first, I really panicked and thought he'd sent me a dud gun. After taking it apart and putting it back together, I had figured out how everything went. And it is extemely easy to cock, and Very accurate. Within it's effective range, about 100', it's a bit more consistent than my flatline. That dosn't mean better, as range is about half, but with the flatline, every 5-10 rounds, one of them seems to just go out of the blue, and take a sharp turn, or drop off early, with my Maverick, rounds hit the same spot, again, and again, and again... :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just to get a more thurough explaination though what occurs when air is in a Nelson style gun to allow it to cock that does not occur when there is no air?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts