Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I received 2 Delrin (with 3/32 steel core) Viking/Excalibur bolt pins and a custom magnetic roller bearing trigger from John Huxam(owner) of Acid Custom Paintball in Australia. So here goes:

These are superb, as is anything from John. These are very nice and smooth. The steel core is perfectly lined up in the center of the pin and not off to a side.

They are only 3 grams in total weight, so very light. As for a reduction in kick, there is less moving mass so it is reduced. I didn't get the pins for kick reduction so much as for Anno protection. The Acid pin cycles very smoothly and looks good. As a bonus, John will customize the head of the pin for free.

Now for what most people have been interested in of late: The trigger.

John asked for everyones ideas here: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1773955

and showed an update for my trigger here: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1828203

These are very nice. I have a JMJ Nurvous roller trigger that was nice, but wider and flatter on the face than I typically like. This one is very nice with radiused edges and some custom touches I had John do for me. He borrowed my frame to help make up these triggers and in return let me make a custom design and annoed it to match my Viking. The lightning on the trigger is darker than on my frame, but I am not to concerned about that and the acid wash matches perfectly.

I dry fired my Viking today and it is easier for me to keep consitant speed with either hand and there is no side to side play in this. The fit and finish are excellent. As a bonus the trigger came with a nylon tipped stop screw to protect the finish on my frame.

Here's pics of the bolt pin followed by ones of the trigger:

Very nice, I like!

--Rome

·
Registered
11,482 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
that is the coolest looking gun i have ever seen, great job whoever did the paintjob thumup:

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
The pins look great.

I have a totally delrin pin in my Ego, and it has held up to all the beating I can give it, but a metal core would be a nice "insurance" feature.

Can't say I'm a huge fan of the trigger, but it looks pretty nice.

Good to see people still posting in the AKA forum. :tup

1 - 10 of 10 Posts