Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, I play 1st guitar in a Christian Praise band. I play acoustic and Currently I have a Takamine acoustic/electric. It's alright, but I would like to buy a better one. I don't know alot about guitars so I don't want to just buy one without researching first. I don't trust the guys at the guitar center near me, they just want my money. So; i'm looking to spend no more than $450. I'll try it out in store, then order online and get that $15 a month deal. I know i'll end up paying an extra $50 or so, but it's better than putting out the whole wad at once.
I'm also looking for an acoustic amp. I play in a room about 20 x 80 x 20 and according to out Bass player, it's a very 'bassey' room. (he's been playing bass for 29 years and he is amazing- his fingertips are totoally calloused and nerveless) I don't need alot of effects; just a nice acoustic amp. I've been plugging in through our main speakers (Fenders) and it's been doing decenty, but being able to adjust my tone and levels would be nice.

thanks guys

·
Banned
2,050 Posts
my mom has a really nice fender acoustic amp, made specifically for acoustic guitars, they should have them in a room at your Guitar Center, guitarwise id pick up a fender do NOT get an ovation, plastic back, harder to play. If u have n e more questions just ask.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^my brother had an ovation. Our guitar teacher said it played like a cheese grater.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well tonight I played through my Fender 15 watt Bass amp. It sounded alot better than through our main system.

I play bass in a different band and i'm using my Affinity Squire p-bass (sounds good, nice tone range). Tonight our bass player (Fender P-bass, upgraded like crazy) swapped guitars with me and it played SOOOOO nice... makes me want to buy a
p-bass. Anyways; to get my action down and just better playability, I would need to get some set up work but would a new bridge help? what brand?

·
\m/ viking
935 Posts
well i suck at guitar, but my old guit teacher had a hollow body acoustic/electir epipone jazz guit and it sounded supreme, he said it played better than the gibson and was cheaper too, i dont know how much it was, i had a small roland amp and that sounded very good clean

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
charlesotis said:
well i suck at guitar, but my old guit teacher had a hollow body acoustic/electir epipone jazz guit and it sounded supreme, he said it played better than the gibson and was cheaper too, i dont know how much it was, i had a small roland amp and that sounded very good clean
Epiphones (sp?) are made by Gibson, or are a sub-company sorta deal

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
epiphone is like squire; lower quality versions of the same model guitar

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
My friends have played a few epiphones.. i hear theyre ****

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I played my friends acoustic/electric 2 weeks ago but I forgot to check what kind it was. It was AMAZING; it sounded awesome, played really well too. It had a very nice board control system too.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
go to a guitar center and try them out, i know our guitar center here lets you play whatever you want before buying them, and they have a 50% off sale almost every week

1 - 15 of 15 Posts