Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very interested in the new ACS delrin bolt for my Pilot, but I would like to know if anyone has tried it before and what kind of results and reliability should I expect?? They advertise that its just as good as "eyes" but I have a hard time beleiving that. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Expensive??? I can get it for 40$ CAN....? is that expensive???
And as far as reviews....its got an 9.8/10 rating on PBreview.....that seems very good to me....
Im not saying your wrong im just unsure about the quality and effects of this bolt. Maybe you could point out some weaknesses.....or if someone else has any experience with one of these please join in.

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
$40 is not that expensive I guess. I only payed $15 for my tigershark bolt. For some reason I thought they were $50 USD. Still, I have not heard very positive reviews, but I have not used one. As I understand it, the bolt is two pieces seperated by a spring, the bolt still travels forward with the striker, but if there is a ball halfway in the breech, the spring takes up the shock and doesn't break the ball. Good in theory, but I don't know how well it works in real life.

Still, if you can get a marker with eyes, then you are in much better shape.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
ive heard mixed reviews, some people say it actually chops teh same if not more, but soem say it prevents most chops, your best bet is to just buy it, and if it doesnt work to yoru standards then call and ask for a refund

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Horrid blow back. I have one installed in an Imagine and it prevents chops good, but it doesn't recock the marker like its supposed to.

Kingman has a program where they are replacing the first model bolt with a newer one, but I have yet to send mine in. The new version doesn't have any "steps" milled into it.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
The first batch had problems and I think that is where the mixed reviews came from. I have a pilot acs, with the aluminum acs bolt and it has worked great for me. Almost never chops. I really can't beleive that its as good as eyes but the only place that's been said is in the kingman ads and its their job to sell bolts. I had a thread somewhere in the spyder forum where I tested it (search acs test). I suspended paint halfway into the breech to simulate a chopping situation and I hit one ball 7 times without it breaking.

·
Registered
258 Posts
i like mine u just have to "break it in" what i did was when i got it just while i was watching TV or sumthing i would just push in on it to compress the spring. do that a few hundred times, it doesnt take long at all.

·
hotter in the dark....
250 Posts
they are ok but i have ad problems with them, i found that eyes are the best for them, more expensive but wort it

·
Registered
361 Posts
Badinflewinse said:
Or instead of getting going through the hassle of eyes and in my opinion wasting money on a new bolt, get a faster hopper.

It will stop the chops, let you fire faster, and you can use it on your next marker.
QFT.

·
Registered
506 Posts
its like a dragun TES, it can be good a bad. it's basically luck. My friend got the bolt because he ocasionly chopped. He put the bolt in his spyder and he chopped a ton of paintballs that game. It's the luck of the draw.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts