Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
100% N00b
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been researching and Im to a point where everything is starting to sound the same... but there is one constant, if youre a n00b like me it sounds like the clear choice is Tippmann.

But before I begin let me give you some background.
This was my first year playing and I instantly got the bug. Since then Ive been back about 10x in 6 months. Ive only used rental equipment and the inaccuracy (variance) of the rental is something I can no longer deal with. Im also quite competitive and Im sick of getting my butt kicked.

Heres what I know / want
Im an aggressive player.
Speedball
HPA

Would you recommend the A5?
What HPA tank would you recommend? (other than ci and psi, does it matter?)
Should I get replacement o-rings?
Suggestions on a hopper would be appreciated. Ive read that since Im a n00b a basic gravity hopper would be fine but I would like to verify with you before spending the money.
Finally, is there any place specific that you recommend buying from? or doesnt it really matter?

any other advice or suggestions is appreciated (upgrades? ie Collapsible stock)

Thanks.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
well, id actually steer you away from tippmann, for the same money you can get a great entry level marker that is smaller, lighter, easier to work on and comes with more features stock, take a look at the spyder fenix

i would not recommend the a-5
the ci and psi are the 2 things that matter most. if you can not afford a 4500psi tank, use co2 until you can
yes you should always carry extra o-rings with you
invert halo too, great hopper for a pretty good price
your local shop if the price is right. the more you buy from them the longer they will stay in business for. if they dont have something you want, ask if they can order it for you

·
100% N00b
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the field

I thought I would check with the field I usually play at and they have a rule:
Players are not allowed to use ANY gun that has an enhanced trigger mode. All guns must be actual semi-automatic.

Thoughts?

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
just means you cant use ramping which is fine, theres no marker sold that if it has ramping does not also have semi-auto.

they just dont want you blasting away and bonus balling new players which is totally understandable. ramping modes just waste paint anyway

·
100% N00b
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thank you

FYI I was torn between the proto SLG and your recommendation of a spyder fenix. By reading your comments on this forum, it sounds like you really have a ton of experience and know what youre talking about so I would be foolish not to take your advice. Cost isnt the issue so Im going to get the 4500psi tank and the invert halo.

Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
its your thread you can ask whatever you want to here.

people often underestimate the value of good bits that attach to the marker like a tank and hopper. a crappy tank and hopper does not allow the marker, nomatter what it is, to preform well. attach a great tank and hopper to even a entry level marker and you are already looking at a better setup than someone who spends $1500 on a marker but only $50 on a tank and hopper

1 - 9 of 9 Posts