Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it beneficial to switch out the factory bolt and spring with aftermarket harder/softer springs and bolts that are made of better quality on the 98 custom with ACT?? Or is it just better to leave it factory and clean it when necessary??

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well I just went to Hollywood Paintball in Hollywood CA and they recommended that since the custom 98 is just your basic paintball gun, switching out the parts when you need them is what they suggested. They said it's not worth paying for aftermarket springs and bolt sets because most people only use the custom 98 as a backup gun or a basic gun for those breaking into paintball for the first time. So I guess that's what I'm going to do. I've already ordered the M16 front grip, CAR stock and M16 carrying handle and just leave it at that.

They also said that by using CO2 over HPA is probably better considering I'd have to get a low pressure kit if I wanted to go HPA over CO2. If I went with the X7, then it's worth getting a low pressure hit to use HPA and it's recommended to use HPA over CO2 with the X7

1 - 2 of 2 Posts