Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 98s been at it again. i went to play yesterday, in the pouring rain, and i gas her up and put on the hopper and load some balls, and it shoots good. then i shoot some more before the game, and it starts chopping. after that im doomed for the day. my mask wasnt fogging like everyone elses(thermal ftw), but i couldnt hit anything i aimed at. it kept on chopping throughout the one game we played.

my thoughts on why its chopping are the fact i was using a halo b and it was double feeding. wouldnt this explain the chopping?

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
whitty_1 said:
my thoughts on why its chopping are the fact i was using a halo b and it was double feeding. wouldnt this explain the chopping?
maybe you got the paint wet? I mean, i spose it could be the hopper, cuz thats a good possibility, but it seems more likely that the paint got wet somehow/someway.

·
Boom Chika Wha Wha!!!
245 Posts
Yeah I agree. Even high humidity can make your pb's stick causing some wild paintball curves and sticky paint can be slow through the feed neck causing you to chop.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i wasnt shooting fast at all. i shot maybe like 2 shots in 5 minutes. then i shot again once and it chopped.

and it may have been the balls, but they werent out long at all. i had them in my room and then put them in my plastic box(the thing you get with scorch that comes with 1500) and then went to the field and shot. it might have also been the velocity now that i come to think of it. last time i used it, i was using hpa and had it chrono'd to about 290. maybe the co2 had a higher pressure. prolly not tho seeing as it was about 50* out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts