Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i was on my way driving to my schools football game, and when im almost to an intersection i see this lady riding her bike across the street. Then this truck turning left doesnt see her, and hits her and she flys off her bike and lands on the ground shaking back and forth. I jumped out and called 911 and did all that stuff. She was moving and stuff, and breathing so ithink she was okay. a bunch of ppl stopped and watched and they were all freaking out, i was shaken up the whole night. :(

·
Registered
849 Posts
atta boy

good thing u didnt have a panic attack . . . . that happens to a lot of people when they witness something like that . . . . atta boy :eek:

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have seen a couple of accidents, but nothing with a cyclist involved. I know what it feels like to see an accident where no one gets hurt, but to see one like that that gets so many people killed, I have no idea. You did the wrong thing, read the paper tomorrow/next day find out what happend to her and report back to us.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what do you mean i did the wrong thing??? what was i supposed to do?
I dont think its gonna be in the paper, cause theres probably bigger accidents that happened around my area [pheonix, az] but ill check.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
my friends dad is an eye surgian and he was hit by this old lady while riding his bike...the dad... after he got outa the hospital he had this little shake for a while...he had to stop working for 6 months or so before he could go back because his hands would start shaking everyonce in a while.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Wow there are bike accidents all the time here. (Critical Mass) is hte worst day for drivers. A bunch of cyclist crowd the streets. Living in a city with bike messengers sucks they shouldnt be allowed on streets with no bike lane.

Sucks for that lady tho if she was just crossing. I think the guy who said u did the wrong thing meant to say right thing. Just dont touch or move people when their down unless nessesary.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I seriously think he meant "right" though.

would he have implied wrong he most likely would have given an alterior action or reason to support it but the way the rest of his thread flows kinda contrasts with the "wrong"

eh just my 2 cents. Been watching too much Detective Conan.

D

·
0 Posts
[^_^x] said:
Wow there are bike accidents all the time here. (Critical Mass) is hte worst day for drivers. A bunch of cyclist crowd the streets. Living in a city with bike messengers sucks they shouldnt be allowed on streets with no bike lane.

yeah alright.. when theres no bike lane.. and we have to go that way, wtf are we susposed to do? we go on the side walks and get *****ed at, go on the roads we get *****ed at..

i dunno what its like there.. but if a bike is in a lane and is forced to go to middle either by parked cars or construction, we are allowed full use of the lane and the right away.

drivers are just ****ing blind and dumb and never look out for bikers or motorcycles

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
D_Smalls said:
drivers are just ****ing blind and dumb and never look out for bikers or motorcycles
They're pretty hard to see when you drive, plust the manuever around alot quicker than a car/truck.

·
PbF Administrator
3,361 Posts
I worked at a golf course over the summer andI saw the worst wreck I've ever seen there. We were moving a port a potty that was next to a road and i see a truck with a trailor come by and hes goin and there was this lady out in the middle of the road with a little tracker just parked there. it was kind of over a hill so by the time the truck saw her it was too late. He hit her and threw the tracker into a telophone pole and her car hit another van coming up the hill. Me and my friend called 911 and they sent the ambulance to the wrong place and it took them like 25 minutes to get there. They cut the top off the tracker and the kid in the passenger seat was unconcious and I have no idea how they got him out. He was at least 250 pounds. But thankfully no one died but they got hurt pretty bad. Scary stuff.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i checked the newspaper and nothings in there, prob cause there was other articles like this one about this guy going nude into a zoo with aligators, and hes like sitting there.... well, okay thats a little wierd of an article, but theres a bunch of other stuff that must have been more severe, like shootings and stuff. [you know how crazy big cities are] i think she was alright
mightve broken a leg, and a few bones, maybe had a hard hit o the head [no helmet] ouch....

·
Cunning Linguist
2,273 Posts
An old friend of mine moved out west one summer to work with his gf. They were working as flag holder (stop/slow sign) for a construction company. One day they were working on a stretch of highway and the girl wasn't paying attention, so she didn't see that the transport truck wasn't slowing down. The driver was on his cell phone so he didn't see the girl holding the sign. My friend ended up trying to resusitate her while somebody else went and picked up her arms so they could be sewn back on. Needless to say she didn't make it, she lost too much blood from her brachial arteries. Talk about traumatic, he has never been the same.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
ouchess!

i had a nasty bike crash once too, i was pegging my friend don a hill no brakes, no helmet, usin my feet to slow down, the bike went under me and opended up my knee, down to the bone, 10 outside stiches and 12 internal stiches and about 4 hourse later, ALL THE DOCTERS WERE "BUSY" :mad: i was outta the hospital, but it coulda been mroe serious, cause b4 i feel wat disstracted me was this huge pickup truck flyin down the intersection i spilled in front of, and my friend walked away with a sprained ankle.

Oh yea, i have been meaning to ask a mod if i can post pics of my knee stiched up???? its not that bloody just sorta disgusting :yum anyway can some1 get back to me on that??

O

·
0 Posts
A saw and accident today. No one was severely hurt. Horrible stuff, you did the right thing man.

·
No comment
1,770 Posts
I was driving to Louisville, KY and when we were driving and somebody driving a semi-truck fell asleep or had a heart attack and was driving on the other side. Then he crossed the median and barely (by less than 1 sec.) missed us, and hit another semi head-on. I know that 3 people died and one of the drivers of one of the semi's was in critical condition.

·
Almost leet
1,999 Posts
somethin along those lines happend like 2 nights ago

some old guy was comin out of a restraunt and got hit by a car. i wasnt home or woulda saw the whole thing happend right outside my house.

how u cnanot see these ppl is beyond m,e.

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
my brother was at a red light and it turned green, and some lady went through a red light and hit my brother, she left the scene and didnt do anything. he knew her because he delivered prescription drugs and he was one of the people he delivered to. so he got hit, blacked out, airbags didnt work, they had to saw off the door, and then they flew him to the hospital because they thought he had head trauma. he luckily didnt, he had a fractured pelvils, knee, and has neck pains now. this was about a year and half ago, but the stupid lady didn't bother to just wait for a red light. honeslty, unless your in the middle of nowhere, drunk and or high, you shouldnt be driving if you decide to go through a red light.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts