Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so yesterday i took off the grips in the gun and detached the two wires so i could get the frame off. Then I took out the spring and messed with the two svcrews in the trigger till it was a really really light pull. So then i put it all back toghether and walked the trigger for likea minute or two and the ROF said 21.O BPS! before i could only walk 13-14 so i guess i made some sort of mod that the trigger bounced.

all of a sudden like 5 hours later i picked the gun up and turned it on and walked and couldnt beat 14...and the bounce was gone. So i took off the grips and saw that those two wires moved over and was hitting the back of the trigger so pushed them away and put the grips back on and tried to turn the gun on and it wouldnt turn on! i dont get it? i took it apart again and still couldnt find a problem.

Can anyone help or list some of the possible problems?

(sorry for the long post)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im searching for a pinched wire and i dotn see it but that could be it...also i dont know where you mean when you say where the wires terminate.

also do you need to have the red box and the white box things both plugeed in for it to turn on? i ask becasue my friend said yesterday the backlight turned on with just the red one plugged in.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i still cant get it to work...everything is plugged in and stuff i dont see any pinches in the wire..

·
Registered
23 Posts
pinches in the wire? its not a hose. a pinch or kink in a wire does not stop flow like a garden hose. if you see a "pinched" wire and it doesnt work that means you have damaged the wire inside the insulation and the wire will need to be replaced

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
A pinched wire means that the wire was causght between the grips and the frame. You can flat spot a multistranded copper wire and end up breaking the individual strands in the wire to the point where the impeadence of the wire exceedes its ability to transmit current. If you pinch a wire, you can cut it. Even if the shielding looks intact, you may have an inturruption in the continuity of the wire. Put it on a circuit tester to make sure you have continuity. If you still have continuity and yet have a nonfunctional marker, then it is time to take it to the shop so they can make sure the board isn't fried.

·
Registered
87 Posts
NO...its not a pinched wire...this has happened to me...im not sure what board u have, but the main wire harnedd isnt pushed down all the way....the white thing that is on all 4 metal prongs isnt pushed down all the way so the prongs arent plugged in ALL the way. Push down on it ALL the was so the white housing is flush with the bottom L part of the metal prongs and your all set.. this has happened to me a couple times and scared me a lot...do that and u should be set, tell us what happens! thumup:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok spike i opened my gun up again and there was a white box with 4 metal prongs but nothing plugs into that it just sits there...i tryed pushing down on it a little anyways...then there was the white box in the top right corner and i pushed that down and still wont work.

EDIT: I have the stock generation E LCD board

·
Registered
87 Posts
push it down harder, it takes quite a bit of force to do it, trust me, i had to unplug it, then push the white housing down....btw what kind of board do you have?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have the stock gen e lcd board...ok so i pushed down harder and it went down a lot more...but it still wnt turn on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts