Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i just like to take this moment to say thanks to all the people in Paintball-forum and all the members that helped me so far. I did as you guys said and got a new J&J 14" ceramic and i must say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. i was pretty good with my stock barrel (spyder imagine 2k4) but now... i like to think of myself as a sniper!!!

so yea guys... i got a barrel (j&j), apache richochet 2kx, and compressed air...
now what?

thanks for your input

happy paintballin'
-john

·
Registered
364 Posts
Get a regulator. It's been awhile since I'v looked at regulators but I remember the AA Messiah as being a good one for HPA.

Then either polish the internals or get a new bolt/striker/valve. Delrin bolt, Ti striker(forgot who makes it, I'm sure someone else knows), and either a new valve or drill out the stock one for higher flow.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
yep, get a regulator

and never nver never think of yourself as a sniper. all your new barrel does is make your shots more accutare...not make you a sniper. that said good luck and have fun playing!

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
I wouldn't really worry about a regulator just now.. Go out and spend your money on paint. On a mech spyder with HPA, you will not really need a reg as you will have much more constant velocity as opposed to carbon dioxide. Frankly, that is all I would upgrade on a mech spyder... and I have owned many.

Not that there is anything wrong with spyders, far the contrary, I very much like spyders, but for the most part there are really no performance improvements beyond a decent barrel and using decent paint that fits that barrel well.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
basically stop upgrading. From now on it's wasted money. If ur truely into this sport u could save money for a better gun. If not, save money for paint and field fees.

U can do some home mods if u feel the need.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts