Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah that gay AIM virus has been going around again... except this time it basically screwed up my whole browser, and disabled aim.

So i run ad-aware 1.06, get rid of everything.
run norton antivirus and get rid of all virus
run aimfix and get rid of all problems.

my broswer is fixed, but now i can't log onto aim anymore. no matter what i do. i tried everything. and i probably infected a buncha people on my buddylist, because it keeps sending and sending (invisibily) the same stupid trojan, and people keep asking my wtf did i send them.

i wanna fix aim bad, but i dont wanna bother re installing it and then re installing the security certificates, then reinstalling middle man, then changing all my settings back.

anyone else get the virus?

i know a few people on here who were on my buddy list got the message from me... hopefully you didn't click on it. or you got the trojan too.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
counterstrike53 said:
Yeah that gay AIM virus has been going around again... except this time it basically screwed up my whole browser, and disabled aim.

So i run ad-aware 1.06, get rid of everything.
run norton antivirus and get rid of all virus
run aimfix and get rid of all problems.

my broswer is fixed, but now i can't log onto aim anymore. no matter what i do. i tried everything. and i probably infected a buncha people on my buddylist, because it keeps sending and sending (invisibily) the same stupid trojan, and people keep asking my wtf did i send them.

i wanna fix aim bad, but i dont wanna bother re installing it and then re installing the security certificates, then reinstalling middle man, then changing all my settings back.

anyone else get the virus?

i know a few people on here who were on my buddy list got the message from me... hopefully you didn't click on it. or you got the trojan too.

pfft... noob... :dodgy:

·
look LOOK ! ha you looked
705 Posts

rollin:

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
I always look at the links before clicking. And hover over the link to double chekc that they didnt alias it as something else...easy to prevent

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
counterstrike53 said:
i would use other things but nobody has anything but aim.
gaim and trillian alow you to go on aim and many others at on time so i could be on aim irc gim yim and others all at one time on one buddy list

·
12,110 Posts
Torch said:
It's been going like mad. You'd think people would have learned by now.

I'd reinstall.
The majority of AIM users are 12-17 year old girls who say thw word like as if it were bullets from a machinegun and think 3 year old flash videos are funny.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts