Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a spyder imagine and i've always used co2 cause its easier. I'd like to try compressed air since everyone says its so much better. My questions are 1. how much its going to cost to get started..tanks range from 50 - 200 + I play woods ball and a whole day use around 500 - 600 paintballs max and of course this may change but how much does it cost to fill up a air tank..i know 20 oz c02 is like 3 bucks... 2. Do I need to buy anything else with the tank? I was reading and saw there are adjustable and fixed psi? 3. If the psi is adjustable then is there a certain psi for my gun? or is there a standard psi that most guns use? 4. I had bought a remote for my old tippmann and i was wondering if you can use the remote with compressed air? i don't see alot of hardcore paintballers using them...Sorry if these are noob questions but i couldn't find no other forums to answer these and i'd like to set my gun up when it gets here...Thank You!!!

·
Just Chillin'
5,062 Posts
1. You may want to look into something bigger than a 47ci./3,000psi. tank since they will maybe only get you 500 shots or less, but higher than this may be somewhat expensive. It'll cost approximately 3$ - 6$ to fill a nitro tank, but places differ. Some places you may have to pay $1 for every 1,000psi. your tank holds, or some may just charge $5 for any size tank, etc.

2. You do not need anything else for your tank unless you want to buy a thread saver (to protect the threads on the tank when it is not in use) and/or a tank cover to protect the entire tank from getting dented or scratched up if dropped or anything. A fixed tank is an HPA tank that has a regulator on it that is set to put out a certain air pressure and cannot be adjusted. There are LP (low pressure: 400 - 450psi.) and HP (high pressure: 800 - 850psi.). I'd recommend the HP for any low-end beginner level marker and most high-ends. There are no advantages of either really. As for adjustable tanks, their output pressure can be adjusted anywhere from 0 - 900psi. or greater maybe. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about adjustable tanks.

3. Refer to 2.

4. You can run a remote on a compressed air tank, no problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all the info!! Would a 72/3000 be a good one for me? I have a feeling that if i buy the one 47/3000 i will prolly end up buying another one or getting a better one ne way if its not enough..

·
Just Chillin'
5,062 Posts
Yes, you will get more shots out of it, but it may be kind of big and heavey compared to the other one, if it's steel.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i dont get it, what makes hpa better than co2 other than its not affected by weather. If i am going to do woodsball and mainly when its warm outside would i need hpa? I live far from a refiller on both.

·
Premium Member
5,186 Posts
well hpa is compressed are and co2 is well um co2 and the compressed air is cleaner than co2 and a whole lot better for the marker

·
Just Chillin'
5,062 Posts
If you have a low-end marker like a Piranha or Tippy, and you only ball a couple times a week, getting an HPA tank is not needed. CO2 works fine on low-ends. If you switched to using Nitro, and you aren't a major tourny baller type player, then you may not notice much of a difference from what CO2 provided.

·
Registered
12 Posts
For those who have no high pressure compressed air source, this might be a reasonable purchase. About $290

1 - 10 of 10 Posts