Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I dont know how many of you have this problem but here goes...I used to ahve a 98 C with x-pansion chamber and a bunch of other mods. Used co2 and I had the gun freeze a few times on me. Is that because the co2 is so cold and I was shooting it to fast? I just bought another 98C (after 2 years of being out of the sport) and my MOD list is growing. I thought about running a differant type of gas on this tippman. I do mostly woods, and was wondering if there are any benfits of running somethnig else?

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
benefits to running HPA include none of the freezing you seem to be having problems with, HPA is much cleaner than co2 so that means less wear and tear on internal parts, HPA can be used for any gun whether you stick with your tippy's or move to something high end, and you can play in winter with HPA whereas co2 will be extremely inconsistant.. definitely a good idea to get it if you can afford it, you wont be dissappointed :tup

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats hwat im trying to figure out..I hear the Ebolt is only for the 98 Custom PRO and the old 98. I dont know what to do for mine?Its just a 98 Custom. I want to run HPA...do I need an X-pansion chamber or is there a specific setup for HPA?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok so in order to hit about 12-15 BPS I need either a R/T or Ebolt? what one is better and easier to install? the R/T is about 65$ and the Ebolt is about $99

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
I would get HPA and an E-grip. You can add a secondary regulator if you want, but it isn't needed.

E-bolt is different, older, and discontinued.

If you get the E-grip, definetly get a double trigger for it.

Also the main reason for this is that the E-grip in semi-auto is allowed on every field, whereas the RT may not be allowed at some because they see it as a full auto.

·
Registered
16 Posts
if you are planning on playing in winter co2 isnt the way to go as you can see with the freezing, if your budget allows it buy an hpa it may be expensive but in the long run you will be better off, the egrip is very easy to install if/when you get it. (imo)

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
To reach 15 consistently and keep accuracy, you'll need an e-bolt. Or whatever Tippmann came out with to replace it.
Nope do it and then some all the time with an RT

HuNtS said:
any upgrade that fits the original tippman m98, will also fit the 98 custom.. the 98 custom is an m98 with a differently styled frame to fit more upgrades..
Newer 98C has a different sear design was taken off the A-5 so not all the Model 98 parts will fit in the 98C any more

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Nope do it and then some all the time with an RT
Yup, mine'll do it too.

As long as your field allows it, it will be an option to look at.

Newer 98C has a different sear design was taken off the A-5 so not all the Model 98 parts will fit in the 98C any more
When exactly did they start that, when the barrel threads changed? I hate to be recommending stuff to people when I should know it flat out won't work.

I know the Custom Pro has the new sear design, but does the actual 98 Custom made now?

·
Registered
31 Posts
if you are wanting 15 bps and to run HPA imo you should buy a new gun. a decent hpa tank will run around 200 bux. an egrip is 100 and for that you can get a decent gun that comes stock shooting 15 bps. but if you wanna keep ur 98 and just up it all the way then all i have to say is part from ur co2 tank,and get at least a 68/45 hpa tank.

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
When exactly did they start that, when the barrel threads changed? I hate to be recommending stuff to people when I should know it flat out won't work.

I know the Custom Pro has the new sear design, but does the actual 98 Custom made now?

They did the change over about the same time as when the ACT came out.

I think another reason was so they could cut down on the number of different parts they needed in for the Pro and the Custom lines.

·
Registered
166 Posts
if you don't have the tippmann 98c pro, you wont be able to get the e trigger, but the r/t is still awsome, and mostly legal, but def get hpa, i had the same problem untill i sold it. the co2 is liquid, and sometimes won't turn into gas fast enough, even with an expansion chamber. hpa is pure air, so no problems there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts