Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what does ci mean? how does it affect the gun and whats the difference between 3000 and 4500? how many balls do each shoot? what works best with an a-5? do i need lp or hp? any answers that i can get would be great, i know nothing about compressed air tanks!

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
cubic inches, is short,size. Obviously a larger size will shoot more balls, how much depend on what marker youre' using and how it's set up. an A-5 will require a HP regulator on a tank. Read up on the stickies for more information.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so how many balls will a 48 ci, 3000 air tank shoot out of an a-5. the place i go lets us fill them up for free so as long as i can shoot 500 or so i think that will be enough.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
47 Posts
423........thats a joke, nobody can answer that exactly, as matrix said, it depends on your marker and the exacct way you have it set up, velocity, temperature and ball to barrel match all play into it. but a 48/3000 is the smallist air tank you could possibly get, its probably the equivalent to a 9oz co2

after every game? thats fine, at the days end id take it off though, kinda depends on the marker but i dont like leaving that pressure on all the seals overnight or anyhting

68/4500 are pretty much the standard, they are generally around $100

air tanks (acually the regulators on the tank) generally come in 2 pressure ratings, high pressure (hp) or low pressure (lp), hp is usually around 700-800 psi output pressure, the same as co2 and lp is....well i forgot that one, a A-5 requires hp though

I have never seen a new 68/4500 for under $140, most are around $160. I have been looking around the internet like crazy and found one that is (potentially) $115, but thats an ebay auction for a used one with a one year hydro. The local paintball stores want $170 new, $185 new, or $150 new with only 3 instead of 5 years.

If you can tell me where to get one for $100 please tell me, I have been looking EVERYWHWERE.

·
Registered
47 Posts
o i was talking used, i got mine for about $90 shipped (68/4500) and after about 2 years it has just now developed a very small tempermental leak (tempermental becasue its there sometimes and other times its not)
Damn, I'm probably going to end up paying $150 :(

·
Registered
47 Posts
why? just get a used one off the nation or ebay, its not like they have a ton of parts that wear out, the only moving part on most tanks is the pin valve, they just hold air, and sometimes you can find one that needs to be rehydroed that you can pick up for super cheap, get it hydroed for about $30 and a weeks wait and come out under $100.
Hmm, I guess I'll keep looking. I was just going to give up because I was looking at real bottom of the barrel crap for like $115. I'll keep scouring ebay

This looks like the only contender at the moment:

(Sent in PM)

Red Reg means high output right?

·
Registered
47 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
sucba shops require you to have a diving lisence to get a tank filled, last I checked. I as, however, successful in having them get my tank hydrotested. (though they had to order something or other because the olny thing they had that was small enough for my tank broke:))

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
you could, but like I've said earlier, it's not worth the time and effort. you'll only get one or two shots out of it if your'e lucky. That's assuming your'e using a garage compressor. they don't fill past 200ish psi. Paintball tanks are filled at 3000 or 4500psi. those compressors cost $5000-$10000

1 - 18 of 18 Posts