Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here played airsoft? If so this thread is to share your aisoft experience or opinions about the sport. I recently quit airsoft after playing it for 2 years and I now play paintball. In airsoft the guns are made out of cheap materials which are prone to breaking. Most guns come with a 30 day warranty or a 60 at most. The game play is horrible. It mainly involves camping for very long periods of time sometimes hours while your enemy does the same so there's usually not much action. The guns are extremely inaccurate. Just a little gust will take your bb off into the wind. The worst part is CHEATING. It's almost impossible to prevent it. Your playing a competitive sport with 20 people and if you get out you probably wait a half hour and it's soo easy to cheat since a bb leaves no mark so cheating is pretty common. The honor system is a joke unless you play with good friends that you trust. The only pro about airsoft is that it's very cheap to play ($6 for 2000 bb's) and the guns look real.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have also been playing for 2 years and just recently quit. I had bought a $300 gun for Christmas but it broke a month after I got it with only light use. All airsoft guns are made overseas usually Japan and China. The price to manufacture one gun is cheap though they sell them for a lot. A $250 will(depending on the company)not be full metal, the body will be made of an ABS (All Basically S**t) plastic. The guns require much more maintenance then a paintball gun. Upgrading a gun can take more than 2 hours even if you are the most experianced. The gearbox will make you want to throw your gun out the window. Basically paintball wins, other than airsoft has cheap ammo.

·
GO BUCKS
798 Posts
Paintball doesn't win it comes to running around your backyard being within 10 feet of each other at most times. Plus you don't get paint everywhere. Downside is the bb's sit around in your yard for ages. They also don't hurt as bad.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes airsoft can be fun if you use cheap wallmart guns and have backyard battles with some friends. But when you get into the sport for real then it's just not worth it even if it's cheaper.

·
Wishes to play Pball moar
493 Posts
I play airsoft with my friends in the backyard, Its not THAT bad, but that also can be because I am the only one there that has a moderately good gun that shoots around 350 fps. Thats when it can become fun, when you have guns that shoot 350 fps. Anything under, you can basically dodge BBs at 20 feet. Also the reason your BBs were curving when a gust of wind came was because you probably were using .12 gram BBs. They suck, you have to get .20 gram BBs, they work a lot better. I want to try it with better gun/players, to really judge if airsoft is fun or not. In the long run though, paintball FTW.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't use .12's. I use .20's. BB's still curve at that distance. I've had plenty of good guns some costing well into the 300's and one of them shot at 420 fps. When you play with people who take it seriously and are all into that G.I. Joe stuff then it gets bad. Backyard I agree is fun. Airsofters think there sport is realistic because the guns look real. In real combat I don't think the looks of your gun make much of a difference.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Paintball is used in training for the US military. Also airsoft guns are always breaking which makes you have to order the part of the internet from Japan and the shipping costs half as much as the part does. Paintball sounds closer to the sound of a real gun then airsoft does.

·
Banned
166 Posts
i usually never play airsoft, i only really play when im out in the middle of nowhere with my friends.

im thinking of selling my airsoft gun

·
Registered
184 Posts
Sure... airsofting equipment, may break easy, but it's alot cheaper than paintballing. So that means u can invite more of ya friends to come play w/ u!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts