Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've never played airsoft... anybody wanna tell me about it?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Airsoft is more mil-sim based uses small plastic bb's...thats pretty all i can tell u because i dont play hard core airsoft =) but it is really!! un 2 kill time and go play if u dont have canh for paintballl..

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
u have to use the honor system which doesn't always work. U shoot guns that are made to look like the real things cept for the orange tip. I play sometimes when i wanna play something different and a lot cheaper than paintball, but to me in the end paintball >>>>>>> airsoft

·
ATL Ballers
599 Posts
Huchacool3 said:
its much cheaper than paintball, but not very much fun. basicly, you shoot bb's at people and you can cheat like hell, because its all honor system
I know how to cheat like hell in paintball also even with all the refs around. ^

I use to play airsoft. I use to play paintball. I was on a very competitve paintball team. I quit paintball to play airsoft but recently I quit airsoft. I think both are alot of fun, they have their similarities and differences. The guns in airsoft are extremley realistic, mine didnt even have orange tips. Some people say airsoft is less expensive but i disagree, I have spent around $2,000 on just a gun, and then there is alot of equipment.

Airsoft is all on honor system, but at some fields there are refs just like in paintball. The field I went to was all about honor, but if you know you hit the person you can go call the person out. Once a person has been called out 3 times (not in a day, 3 times in however long they have been playing there) they get kicked out of the field for life. So in airsoft there are things to keep people from cheating.

Again, I don't think one is better than another, they are 2 differnt games.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Airsoft is full of wanna be military guys that are either:
a. too fat and slow
b. couldnt get into the military cause of their big coke bottle lenses
c. or are too much of pussies to join the military

The use pellets/bbs and have long ass games based on the "honor code" if ur hit no one knows except you.

tl:dr AIRSOFT BLOWS

·
Registered
331 Posts
ya, a lot of people play airsoft just because they like mil sim stuff. ive heard people say that paintball guns look horrible compared to airsoft guns. not really. airsoft guns just look like real guns, nothing special. and you cant customize you airsoft gun. only good thing: ammo costs less, and you can play anywhere much more easily.

·
Registered
579 Posts
tippyninja said:
xpdi said:
I know how to cheat like hell in paintball also even with all the refs around. ^

QUOTE]

and ur proud???
gtfo if you are...
cheaters are NOT welcome here...

paintball>airsoft... simple as that
Wow your so cool. All you people are all

PAINTBALL >>>>> AIRSOFTORZZZZZZz !!11oneone!!1!elevetythouuu!sand

Your going to have to accept that others like things different from your. Its preference. Hell ill play airsoft every once in a while because
1) its enough fun for me cuz my summer sux.
2) because i played airsoft before paintball and i used to think 10$ on like 5000 bb's was expensive.

I doubt many of u have even played airsoft. Dont mock the honor system either. Deal with it, people cheat in pb too and there are even referees.

RAWR you cheat get the f-zorz out of hear. For god sakes Neilson cheats, Lang cheats for god sakes everyone cheats. **** that ive cheaten. Deal man its part of the game.

Anyways,

Airsoft is fine by me, its not my money

Airsoft is Chill
Paintball is Dope

Cheaters cheat, and Cheaters are here still cheating.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
i shot a cockroach outside my house today with my airsoft gun. ugh, it was 4 inches long. 5 inches including the entenna. it was sick i hate em

·
Registered
188 Posts
Gabriot said:
It's like paintball except 10% the cost, 10% the fun, 10% the pain, 10% the adrenaline, and 1000% more noob-for-lifes and cheating.
Disagreed. Airsoft guns shoot upwards of 400fps, and possibly 550fps. Just as much pain, i to this day have a scar on my arm from last august. If you play at an organized feild, airsoft is just as fun as paintball if not better IMO.

·
Registered
314 Posts
jwbehm said:
Disagreed. Airsoft guns shoot upwards of 400fps, and possibly 550fps. Just as much pain, i to this day have a scar on my arm from last august. If you play at an organized feild, airsoft is just as fun as paintball if not better IMO.

less pain they dont have as much inertia

·
Registered
423 Posts
jwbehm said:
Yeah my airsoft gun is 400 fps. It doesn't hurt too much with clothes on but if you get hit bare skin it'll leave a mark for a long time.

·
don't drop the soap
3,895 Posts
It's debatable whether or not the 400-500 fps airsoft bb's will hurt more/are even safe, but the majority of kids airsoft is happening with cheap spring pistols or other gun replicas.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts