Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
393 Posts
Of course! But I have a better idea, how about you go on a airsoft forum instead of a paintball forum :dodgy:

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
shoot each other with what?

plastic or rubber pellets?

is it like paintball where you are shot and ur out?
how do u know if ur out if thats the case?

·
I'm on your back.
1,882 Posts
1.) 6mm plastic BBs

2.) It is traditionally played one hit and you're out, but people can modify the rules if they wish.

3.) You can feel or hear (if you're wearing like a winter coat) when you get hit.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok
if im interested in airsoft just for the hell of it
i dont think theres any feilds around (are there fields like paintball or do u just do it at someones house?) and nobody i know probably knows of it

what would i need and what would u reccomend?
like a decent gun but nothing too expensive (just a hobby)

·
I'm on your back.
1,882 Posts
You're correct about the field thing, you usually just play at someone's house.

Try http://airsoftatlanta.com/spring.htm then scroll down to UHC 92FS, good beginner gun. Pick your favorite color.

Also, you'll need to pick up some bbs, just check out their ammo page and order yourself some .12 bbs.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sweet thanks

also i noticed there are either spring, gas, or electro guns

which is better?

and do u guys wear goggles or anything?
what do u wear in terms of clothing?

·
I'm on your back.
1,882 Posts
Paintball masks usually, but you can wear like a ski mask and googles if you want. Clothing, usually you'll be fine in a t shirt or BDUs if you wanna wear them. Spring is the simplest. Gas is good, but gas costs money, you have to keep your guns filled up with gas all the time, and it's a much bigger PITA then filling up a C02 tank. Electric guns are the best but only true AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) they are usually made by Tokyo Marui and usually cost around 300. Other electrics are minis, or crappy rip offs that shoot really crappy.

For just the occasional plinker/target shooter, spring is your best bet.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
is it like paintball where some paintballs are better than others?

or are all pellets the same?

·
I'm on your back.
1,882 Posts
Most pellets are all the same. But some guns (a lot of spring pistols) will only take .12s. .12s generally are a lower grade, but you can find some good ones. The ones Airsoft Atlanta sells are pretty much as good as you can buy as far as .12s go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts