Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I know alot of people who dont consider Paintball a sport, as we know it is. I think a sport means "puting your body through strain." I dont know if its a sport but you have to train for it, it may seem easy but its not. Thats why the little japs come in like ninjas and beat all the fat americans

·
look LOOK ! ha you looked
705 Posts
how is nascar a sport?
32 cars turn left 2000 times

WOO :dodgy:

·
Liquor for da Homiez
5,338 Posts
because all the cars are practically the same and it takes skill to pass the next driver.

besides u try sitting down for 500 miles and not get bored.

·
705 Posts
it dosent take skill to pass.
you bump the back of their car and they spin into a wall.
you win

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
[QUOTE='ME]how is nascar a sport?
32 cars turn left 2000 times

WOO :dodgy: [/QUOTE]

You have obviously never raced anything before. You have NO idea the type of strain racing puts on the body. I do martial arts, paintball, ultimate frisbee, wieght lifting, and racing. Out of all of those, racing and martial arts are the two most demanding. I'm literally dripping with sweat and ready to collapse once I'm done with a race - and we only do 30 laps (takes about 20-30 minutes, with cautions). Tests have been done, and it shows that if you took an average person and stuck them in a NASCAR car or a F1/Indy car, they would black out from the amount of stress/G-forces/heat/concentration that the body undergoes during a normal race. Not to mention you have 30 other guys out there who all want to go faster than you. You have to think/react to so many things during a race. Should you go high or low? Draft, or try to pass and make it on your own? Pit now, or risk it and wait? Not to mention avoiding all the wrecks that go on. Racers are some of the best athletes out there.

So DO NOT say it isn't a sport.

-Jin

·
Liquor for da Homiez
5,338 Posts
[QUOTE='ME]it dosent take skill to pass.
you bump the back of their car and they spin into a wall.
you win[/QUOTE]

no.... they look at the films and conclude if it was on purpose or not, if it was, your screwed. its not like u can do that to 50 cars anyways...

your wrong anyway u look at it.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
i call a sport a competittion/activity that is both physical and mental
:sly:
but in eating's case, hell, its not a sport.

·
705 Posts
sport is defined as pysical exertion.
nascar is a metal exertion (an extrymly stressful one)
therefore not a sport.
dosent mean its not hard. i couldent do it.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
[QUOTE='ME]sport is defined as pysical exertion.
nascar is a metal exertion (an extrymly stressful one)
therefore not a sport.
dosent mean its not hard. i couldent do it.[/QUOTE]

Obviously you didn't read my post. I don't even know if it's worth attempting to get through to you on this or not.

Racing is physical (there's an h in physical, by the way). Go sign up at a local track, do a short race, and if you're not dripping with sweat and ready to collapse from exhaustion at the end, I will pay you a large sum of money.

-Jin

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
nascar is physical in a few ways. u try driving 150-190 mph for 4 hours straight. it gets tiring. plus, theres no a/c. also, the pit crew's need to be in shape and they have to be really fast on their job

·
705 Posts
if youre including the pit crew lets cross apply you logic.

chess is a sport cause cutting down trees is hard as in carving the wood to make them.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
no u dont understand. u obviously havent watched nascar cause the pit crew can decide a race. nascar isnt a single person sport. its a team sport.

·
Liquor for da Homiez
5,338 Posts
i wouldnt include the pits.... but it is hard as hell....

being a driver is deffinetly hard....

the pit is similar to a coach in baseball.... they dont work hard neccasarily, but are essential to success.

·
705 Posts
Jinjiro said:
Obviously you didn't read my post. I don't even know if it's worth attempting to get through to you on this or not.

Racing is physical (there's an h in physical, by the way). Go sign up at a local track, do a short race, and if you're not dripping with sweat and ready to collapse from exhaustion at the end, I will pay you a large sum of money.

-Jin
hey i said that dosent mean its not hard.
i also said i couldn't do it.
read my post before you say i didn't read yours.

·
705 Posts
SupahFly21 said:
no u dont understand. u obviously havent watched nascar cause the pit crew can decide a race. nascar isnt a single person sport. its a team sport.
yes and havind a well mantained pair of skates can decied a hockey match dosent mean the skate sharpener is on the hockey team.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts