Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
<3 I love fat chicks <3
5,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my question is what is the best barrel for my tes between the all american barrel, the s/p propressive barrel, and the j&j ceramic. thanks for any help guys

·
Registered
434 Posts
Basically, AA>Progressive>J&J.

The AA is a two-piece aluminum barrel. The progressive is really a one-piece aluminum barrel. And the J&J ceramic is nothing more than a poorly-machined aluminum barrel with a baked-on ceramic coating. You'd be better off with either of the first two over the J&J...there's a machinist who hangs out at the local proshop who used to work for J&J (they're based in Ohio...about a 40 minute drive from where I live.) He was talking about how it isn't uncommon to find a tolerance fault of more than +/- .05" in their machine shop. Now that might not sound too bad, but consider the fact that paintballs are measured down to the nearest thousandth of an inch, not hundredths. Not to mention there's been a fair share of horror stories on here about the J&J...one guy got a barrel that hadn't been reamed out after they drilled the porting, which left shards of aluminum sticking through the barrel effectively making it a ball blender. IMO you should stay as far away from J&J products as humanly possible.

·
Registered
434 Posts
If you have the money go with the AA, otherwise get the progressive. SP claims that the progressive's gradual diameter change (hence the "progressive" name) has a similar effect as a two piece like the AA. In reality you're better off with a real two piece.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts