Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a Tippmann U.S. Army Alpha Black w/e-grip. The only thing I don't like about that gun is the ugly air hose. Is there any sort of upgrade, mod, or kit that would put the hose on the inside/

Thanks wave:

D

·
0 Posts
If you're willing to look hard enough, and invest copious amounts of time and possibly need to purchase another body-casing for your marker when you dremel out the wrong parts of it - I'm sure they make exactly what you want.

They also make Renfrew black hockey tape. Its less sticky than electrical, doesn't leave behind as much residue, and stays on through rain - especially if waxed. Easy to remove, and when it starts to show wear, you can easily unwrap it, and re-wrap the braided hose. To boot - you can wrap the ass end of your tanks with it (band around, asterisk pattern using 4 strips, and then cover over the band again), and your tank won't slip off your shoulder. Much cheaper than a $12-30 tank grip or cover. $1.50-3/roll at your local sporting goods store.

·
Administrator
14,012 Posts
spray paint

Hi, I have a Tippmann U.S. Army Alpha Black w/e-grip. The only thing I don't like about that gun is the ugly air hose.
gosh if this isnt a first world problem...

welcome to paintball, its paintball, a game, you use a marker, that functions on compressed air or co2 not gunpowder

·
mil-simer
1,102 Posts
spray paint

gosh if this isnt a first world problem...

welcome to paintball, its paintball, a game, you use a marker, that functions on compressed air or co2 not gunpowder
Don't be that harsh, most mil-sim markers either have mods for that or are alredy stock with a solution.

·
mil-simer
1,102 Posts
just wondering why people insist on trying to make their markers into something that they are not thats all
It's hard to understand if you don't like it. You can't just make all paintballers play with speeball style markers, and really the way I see it mil-sim is necesary since a lot of the market comes form there. Yeah, most of them are guys who might have watched to many war movies or played to much Call of Duty or Battlefield, but business is business, Capitalism working.

·
Administrator
14,012 Posts
im not saying everyone needs to play with something more "speedball-ish" but just why go to these kinds of extremes to fix the smallest little details?

i also think those people who buy the markers and airsoft guns that use the real AK-47 stock and handle and pay out the ass for it are crazy

·
mil-simer
1,102 Posts
im not saying everyone needs to play with something more "speedball-ish" but just why go to these kinds of extremes to fix the smallest little details?

i also think those people who buy the markers and airsoft guns that use the real AK-47 stock and handle and pay out the ass for it are crazy
Again capitalism. They sell the idea to the mil-simers that the more realistic the better. Most mil-simer I've seen tend to skip the internals completely and just talk about the outside. What makes a mil-sim marker better than another one is how "cool" it is not how effective it is, that's why you have people saying that the A-5 is better than a 98 Custom or that the 98 Custom is better than any Spyder.

·
mil-simer
1,102 Posts
since "cool" is relative to the viewer then couldnt you make the argument that all milsim is therefore neutral and can not be classified as "cool"?
Since cool is relative to the viewer you cannot classify it as anything because it depends on the viewer.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
apparently I'm highly racist.

However, if you worked where I have for the last 5 years, you would be too. Except for that asian guy I worked with.. he was cool and azn, of course... now you as well i suppose.

....sigh

Listen to whatever you want. YOLO!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts