Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

alpha black

15K views 40 replies 14 participants last post by  armithsr 
#1 ·
i just got an alpha black and it is dead accurate.i had an empty co2 tank and it was shootin accurate at 50 yards. does anyone else have one and wat do you think of them?

#3 ·
i wanted one but bought a used a-5 instead. now im going to make it look like one sooner or later lol.

#6 ·
i hear that the gun wont be upgradeable. thats why it already looks so cool lol. thats kinda why i went with an a-5

#8 ·
Im an Alpha Black owner and I have to say this gun is a great addition to my collection of tippy guns, Its actually my favorite. I see there is a bunch of hype on all forums about it. It is a M4 based design not a M16 , its smaller like the M4 and used for close quarters combat and urban fighting.And as far as people saying its not upgradable there wrong. An E-Trigger is coming out around June along with a cyclone feed system and a longer barrel(what more could U want). Also the fixed rail sight can be altered to hold a red dot sight and if your good with tools and have an imagination you can add a bunch of cool stuff like a universal grenade launcher and WEAVER/PICATINNY rails for lights and lazers . Dont knock it till U try it. DarkkRiderZ GRAW 2 killers rule. Stay Up

#10 ·
same thing just smaller right. i could see the confusion!

#13 ·
Compare the Alpha black & M4 next to an M16, use real guns and see. I have, and there is no doubt it is a M4 sized paintball marker but what ever floats your boat.The manufacture has good intentions but people like myself who have experience with the real thing have better judgment to compare. To the people genuinely interested in the Alpha black try it out yourself in the field and get back at me, the others who go by hear say and dont have any intentions adding this gun to there collection shouldent even worry , but I guess U wanna be heard. Cool wit me. P.S. Hope to see you out on the field some time -soon- .(all in good fun)

#18 ·
The M16 and M4 are very similar. Its a paintball gun and does a poor job at looking like either.

To the original poster- I don't believe a word you said. 150 feet is a long range for paintball guns. Empty Co2 tanks are empty and therefore have no gas to propel a paintball. Tippmann markers are not known for their outstanding accuracy.

#20 ·
the first pic is what the alpha black is supposed to resemble.

this pic is of the long range ar-15

and this pic is for when the war starts lol. i know where i'm going!

#21 ·
sorry for all of the posts but here are the comparison pics....

this is a pic that i found of the m4. i think it does look more like the m4!

#22 ·
In any case, the AR-15 series is ugly as hell IMO.

Never liked Tippmans, this doesn't change anything, only that all the MilSim CounterStrike noobs that want to play paintball will pick this up to make it more like their favorite FPS game ~sigh~

#23 ·
whatever gets more people to play your choice of sport has to be a good thing right. some people would not agree that the ar-15 is ugly and you knocking them wont do anything but make you look like a prick. i understand that their are much nicer guns or better functioning guns or whatever but damn man, give the "MilSim CounterStrike noobs that want to play paintball to make it more like their favorite FPS game" guys a break. how does it hurt you? what will you gain if the alpha black doesn't sell or if the people who want a "real" feel decide to build their own?

anyway, the original poster puts this tippmann gun in a general topic so i guess it gives all of the tippmann haters the chance to bash it. Tippmann had the idea to make paintball guns that look more like real guns and they are surely getting paid for it.

and i'm not trying to pick on you TheAznInvazn. i just see all of the tippmann haters jumping in and decided to poke at your comment, hopefully theres no hard feelings.thumup:

#24 ·
It's not that, it's just that, if the Alpha Black were more upgradable, I'd just leave it alone.

As of right now, the most you can do fir it is a barrel, nothing close to the upgradability of an A-5 or 98c. In my mind, that makes this a marketing scam, to sucker in new people to something that isn't even able to be upgraded as the user feels the need to get a bit more whatever.

#25 ·
which is why i went with the a-5! but most of the upgrades for the a-5 are to make it look like the "alpha black" style of gun. i am new to the sport but i hear that the barrel is the only real upgrade needed. especially for the tippmann guns, it seems to me that the upgrades that they offer are for appearance anyway. i just liked the cyclone that the a-5 had to offer.

#28 ·
yeah

i just got the alpha black last week its sickthumup:

#29 ·
hey

i love my alpha black...i agree also i think it is the best of the tippmann series i think they did an awsome job of doing this gun...i have the tacticall edition its my favorite gun ive ever owned......out of the box mine was extremely accurate and once i lubed the hell out of it it worked like a charm..again its awsomethumup:

#30 ·
i love my alpha black...i agree also i think it is the best of the tippmann series i think they did an awsome job of doing this gun...i have the tacticall edition its my favorite gun ive ever owned......out of the box mine was extremely accurate and once i lubed the hell out of it it worked like a charm..again its awsomethumup:
The X7 is also a very capable marker -- have you used one of those?

#34 ·
sounds like a good idea on tippmanns part to me. $$$$$$$

#35 ·
i have the alpha black and let me tell you that it is great... it is a bit on the heavy side... the gun is essentially a tippmann 98 so you can upgrade it with barrels and kits for a 98.... as for the stock, i am not sure... i dont believe the 98 will fit it... i am actually going to purchase a barrel this week... oh and for the scope, you can purchase a piccatiny rail made for m-16/ar5 and just drill a small hole in the carry handle and there you have a rail system for it... yes i am going to do all that and post my own pics of it

#41 ·
I am new here but I have to say. I have done alot of research into the alpha black hre are some points I would like to make.

1 The gun is based on the M4 the M4 is a cut down version of the M16. Whats the difference? THe M16 is a main battle rifle made for the field Ie combat with long shots in the open. The M4 is smaller in size made for close quarters and urban engagements this is why the collapsable stock and shorter barrel and the optional use of front handle under the barrel.

2 It is owned by the Us Army Tippman makes it for them. It most likely is a marketing and recruiting thing for them.

3 Now this is my own opinion and not facts like the above listed things. I am a veteran of the US Navy and the US Army. I qualified on the M16 as well as the M14 Colt 45 !2 guage shotgun and I have fired the M60 on full auto. So I do know my guns. I qualified expert on all of the above. The Alpha black is quite upgradable the point of the dirref=nt upgrades will be up to the individuals to judge most reviews are great if you aren't into milsim don't get it. If you are it is a good deal for a good quality gun. Nuff said!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.