Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K, well I didn't listen when yall told me not to go kicker. I underrated the power of my alpine cde 9852 head unit, and thought the kickers could handle it. Unfortunately, my alpine cranked out too much bass on 0 *-7to 10* and it blew my door speakers.

Well, the local stereo place quoted me 321 installed for Alpine Type R's 6x9's and 5.25's. 321 is a lil steep for me, but it seems to be the best deal on speakers.

He also quoted me 250 excluding tax for the same sizes on alpine type s speakers.

I'm wandering, is the 70 dollar price difference worth it, or should I just go to alpine type s's. I just want something that can handle descent bass and still sound relatively well.

Help plz.
BTW, crutchfield is more xpensive, 149 opposed to cf's 159, and 129 for 5.25's, plus 90 for installation.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
installing front speakers usually isn't much fun, but it's well worth the money saved by having a professional install them (unless you have manual windows, then you'll need to finda special tool to remove the cranks

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I'll have to talk to my step dad and look into the price of a miller 24 pack, but it'll prolly cost the same either way I go.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
installing front speakers usually isn't much fun, but it's well worth the money saved by having a professional install them (unless you have manual windows, then you'll need to finda special tool to remove the cranks
i guess it just depends on your ability, but wiring is cake for me.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
yeah, level of work/difficulty varies by vehicle. i hate taking my truck anywhere to get worked on, i do it all myself, just the kind of person i am i guess. (im talking everything, i did a 4x4 5spd tranny replacement and clutch in my driveway on jackstands)

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
hu?
you're paying a guy to do it for you with beer?
Haha we do that up here all the time. I personally don't but my dad gets his lawnmower fixed for a couple of cold ones. Then when we play golf, and my dads dealership is sponsoring something (win a car lets say), there is always a case of beer in the trunk for your enjoyment.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
I removed the whole door panels on my Talon, SOLDERED the speakers and was done with everything in about 30 minutes.

You guys are just pussies.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have u purchased from them before, that's a hell of a low fuggin price!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
k, i'll get it from them cuz 285 ish or w/e is a hell of a lot cheaper than 320.

It'll have to wait til late october, can't touch my 1300, 400 is for dega, anoter 230 is gettin added to that, and I am payin for 2 tires and a belt for my car on 9/29, gotta get shots for the dog, take g/f to outback, then other damn expenses.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
K, gonna try to get them and get em installed october 26th. Goin to dega with family and g/f tomorrow after work, so we'll see how much money I have after that. Yikes!!! I'm payin for me and my g/f in full, so we'll just see how long 640 will last.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well I ordered my type R's. Suprised I had enough money after dega, spent 530 dollars there. Haven't breen browsing much cuz this has been a horrible time for me, but I'm gonna try to get them put in the 24th, *Next wednesday* so I'll let yall know how that goes. Anyways, to lazy to upload pix right now, but thank you for reccomending online car stereo.182.95 is much better than 309.98 just for the speakers

1 - 16 of 16 Posts