Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've got a serious question.

I'm planning on finally putting my type r to use and putting a system in the taurus.

Long story short and sweet to the point, I have a standard 3.0l v6. I'm wantin to run TWO type r's, and I have a feeling that kind of load is going to kill the alternator. So I've done some googlin and found a 200 amp alternator with 4guage install kit, but the only question is, will a standard yellow top battery be ok? Or do I need a certain battery?

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
keep the original alternator in it and run a capacitor. the original taurus alternators push around 90 to 100 amps if im not mistaken, and hey, if it burns up, go over to autozone and get a duralast one, because if she burns up, you can just warranty it out (lifetime warranty FTW). My bro runs two type R-12's in his jeep with a 1700 watt amp with a cap and his headlights don't even start to dim out...

I work at autozone, I know these things...

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
They wouldn't give me a job at autozone. I forgot if it was because I don't have my high school diploma or if its because I'm not 18/21. But I tried getting jobs at pep boys, and advanced auto parts too. They all gave me a mixture of those reasons as to why I can't work there.

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
They wouldn't give me a job at autozone. I forgot if it was because I don't have my high school diploma or if its because I'm not 18/21. But I tried getting jobs at pep boys, and advanced auto parts too. They all gave me a mixture of those reasons as to why I can't work there.
yea, they want you to be that old because you need to be at least 18 to operate the testing machines (like the on-car tester and alternator/starter tester inside). We actually just got store of the year for our region this year, that means a bangin x-mas party...

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No the alternator's runnin on a limpin leg anyways. during the hot months after runnin the ac for so long and shuttin the car off, when I go to turn it back on the car would rev up on its own, headlights would dim, researched the symptoms and they said it was from a weak alternator, so I'm def gonna need a new alt anyways, don't think it's pushing full load. Used a formula from work and found out it draws about 70 amps. watts consumed/voltage imput which was based at a 1000w rms runnin at 13 volts. so it may overload the alt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts