Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Aluminum ACS vs Plastic ACS bolt?

821 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Torch 
#1 ·
Hey was looking into getting the ACS bolt...but on ebay, there is one that is aluminum? Besides maybe a faster cycling speed with the plastic one (lighter weight), do you guys think there will be a difference in delivering the "anti-chop" feature from an aluminum versus a plastic one?

#5 ·
No O-rings on the delrin one, so I assume it must seal better than the alumium one.

It's lighter? I haven't come across the aluminum verison yet but the delrin one is light.

Also it costs more. I want to think that the ACS Fenix and the other ACS marker they make come with the aluminum version, so the derlin one is aimed more at the after market crowd?

#6 ·
Torch said:
No O-rings on the delrin one, so I assume it must seal better than the alumium one.

It's lighter? I haven't come across the aluminum verison yet but the delrin one is light.

Also it costs more. I want to think that the ACS Fenix and the other ACS marker they make come with the aluminum version, so the derlin one is aimed more at the after market crowd?
for 10 more $ I think the Delrin would be an easy choice to make over the aluminum one

so speechless33759 I would go with Delrin

I know where you can get it for $30 new pm if you want to know where.

#10 ·
The ACS has a spring inside it connected to the hammer lug. If a ball is in position to get chopped, the spring compresses instead of breaking the ball. The hammer goes forward and the gun should recock as normal for the next shot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.