Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I play pump, and I would like to have a semi so I can use it when I feel like it. I am absolutely in love with the smart parts shocker, and have been ever since the 03 models were released. I think Ions, Imps, b2k4's, A5s, all those are nice, but I absolutly love shockers. I only play rec, so do you think a shocker is overboard. I am looking at an 03 so I wouldn't cost as much as a new shocker.

Arggg, it just seems like a lot of money for a back up.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, what about an AGD, those are my second choice?

·
Banged
5,579 Posts
Shockers NIB now are all 05 models, which is pretty much the same thing as the 03, except with some kinks worked out and a nerve board. I dont know where you got the idea that an 03 shocker would be less expensive.

As for your delima, Shockers are great guns, but so are Ions and promasters, which cost significantly less. Another thing to keep in mind is that with any mid-high end electro, your going to need a compressed air tank and a good hopper which I doubt you have already if your a rec pump player.

Personally, If your not going to be using it that often, go for the Ion or promaster. If your dead set on getting a shocker, I can sell you a BNIB black or red 05 shocker with vision for $650.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have an Odyssey 03 mechanical. Its 3 way is messed up, should I just fix it. I was going to make it a pump, but now I don't know. What I really want is reliable, how reliable would an 03 be with something like a worrblade, or one of those cocker electro conversion frames?

Speed isn't a big deal, in fact, speed is not even one of my considerations. I know anything is faster than what I have now.

·
Banged
5,579 Posts
Cocker owners will tell you differant, but in my experiance (I own 2 cockers) they are not reliable at all.

besides, I dont even think an aftermarket frame would fit your gun.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I'd say buy a mag,the non electro semi's are run for, its quality marker and later if you decide to upgrade it can be fast marker

PM Alpha or one of those mag guys, they'll have some suggestions for you.

Good luck

·
Lounge prostitute
1,945 Posts
I myself would go for an impulse... but i don't really have an opinion on automags.

edit: shockers are damn nice guns but a little spendy for a backup, and just cause you play rec doesn't mean your entitled to crappy guns. In my group of friends, one uses a dm4...if anythings overboard that is.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, from what I've heard from you guys, a MAG, or an IMP are my top choices right now.
Thanks guys ! ! !

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They are heavy for one thing... I do know that much, I want light, I'm a pump player.
I'm used to having a phantom. I don't want a heavy gun.
Now I'm thinking an A5 w/ flatline or something wouldn't be too bad
I just don't like my 98 w/ flatline, its too long.
The one good thing about tippys, is they are cheap and reliable.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I wouldnt get a Tippmann,but it's up to you.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Arg, I don't know, I won't be using it too much
I know if I get a mag I will be tempted to turn it into a sweet one, and I can't afford that right now...
I do like A5's I used to own one.
I am one who does like flatlines, so I will probably get that then trow a 20oz it and go. I will rarely use it, so I great gun is not super important.

Any more sugestions in the same price range as an A5 w/ Flatline???

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Not a mongoose. Quality control on those is worse than spyders, and thats saying something. I'd take a mag over a tippy anyday. If you like small and light, get an old minimag. Not very pricey either. Check ebay.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No mongoose for me, my neighbor has one, I really don't like that gun...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts