Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
I'm on your back.
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before you get your panties in a knot, just let me say Family Guy is funny. But it's not the same funny it was few years back. It just dosn't seem to be delivering that same laughter as before. I havn't actcually found my self laughing out loud once yet from family guy. I'v been finding that the writing on American Dad just seems to be more fresh. I mean sure it's not as legendary as Family Guy, but if you open your hearts you will see that American Dad isn't as ****ing horrible as some of you pretend it is. Sit down and watch it without a bias, and I guarantee you will find it as funny or even more funny as Family Guy.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Flash LCD said:
but if you open your hearts you will see that American Dad isn't as ****ing horrible as some of you pretend it is.
well i myself like them both the same. At first(pilot) i didnt like american dad but when the show started it was just as good a family guy

·
Banged
5,579 Posts
It's not the writing on American Dad that sucks, it's that fact that it's a lame ass attempt at a Family Guy rip-off that is annoying.

The alien is annoying, the mom is annoying and dont get me started on that queer ass little fish.

So bottom line is that the jokes are good, characters arent.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
Big Weapons said:
American Dad's growing on me, but Family Guy is still my favorite.
Exactly, the way I woulda said it.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Yah, I completely agree with chrome. Some of the jokes on american dad are good, but the characters get on my nerves a lot. That fish is totally pointless and probably the worst thing that ever happened to any tv show.

·
Yay! whoops! yay!
3,028 Posts
It's modeled right after family guy. They have a talking fish which is just like Stewie. Then they have a talking...non-human. And they recycle a lot of the jokes.

Plus, I can't stand listening to the alien or the fish.

Here's an example.

In FG, when stewie goes to the doctor, the doctor comments on his weight. Stewie responds with "Sorry I'm not like those anorexic (SP!?!?!) babies you see in the commercials."

In AD, the alien breaks a table because he is fat. Someone makes a comment about his weight and he says "Sorry I'm not like those anorexic (SP!) aliens you see in the movies."

Gasp!

·
don't drop the soap
3,896 Posts
American dad sucks I don't see how anyone could ever like it better than Family Guy (aka the greatest show ever made). The only explanation that comes to mind is that they'd have to be a flaming homosexual.

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
American Dad is funny in a similar way, its satire is directed the same way Family Guy is. American Dad is also more repetitive(uses same jokes, actions, etc) than Family Guy.

Agreed Family Guy isnt as great as it first was, but its still darned good and witty

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
american dad simply sucks
even if they have funny jokes once in a while, the writers fail miserably with the story line

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
i watched family guy and american dad last night...at the beginning of american dad he fights a chicken for like 5 minutes..not funny...and with the whole memory washing thing...no

family guy used to be down right hilarious...now its just really funny...american dad can be funny...right now i think the writers and producers that are working on american dad are slacking off family guy and trying to make american dad extremely funny. Last night i saw that they were trying to make American dad waaaayyyy too funny which made it stupid

family guy>american dad

1 - 20 of 33 Posts