Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well FedEx actually delivered today while we are having a major snow storm... what did they bring us??

Have a peek....

The Muffler piece...

And a size comparison of a $1 bill and the muffler

If you can guess what this is or what it goes on then you get a cookie......

·
Rubbish!
797 Posts
The tip is way too big. I'm not a "rice hater" or anything, but I've always hated that coffee can look. I'm sure it sounds like crap too, with more of a buzz sound than anything else. I could really care less what it goes on, but I seem to remember you having an aneurysm every time someone said something bad about the SVT Focus, so I'm going to go ahead and guess that.
Remember kids: The size of your exhaust tip is inversely proportionate to the size of your genitalia.

Next time you have extra money laying around you should buy some Resolve carpet cleaner and a vacuum instead of car parts.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
well seeing as to how swat knows what's rice and what isn't, it's most likely going on somethig turboed, which means the muffler actually can be that big and not just be because of the "bigger is better" bs the ricers go by :p

·
Rubbish!
797 Posts
I know it *can* be beneficial, but I still hate that style more than I hate Sum41, and that's a lot. There are performance mufflers available that offer the same gains and don't look like a giant leaf blower. Again, I do not doubt the performance of the exhaust, just the styling.

Either way, it's his (or whoever’s) car, not mine. People can do whatever they want to their cars. They're free to modify, I'm free to laugh.

SWAT: Now that I really look at it, that kind of looks like a Blitz Nur-Spec, but I didn't think the WRX had that bend in the mid-pipe.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
ComradeMolyneux said:
I'm a muscle guy, wtf do I know about imports except that their slow?
obviously you don't even know that much :rolleyes: I hate ricers with a passion, and even I know some imports can be made fast, some are even fast *gasp!*STOCK!!

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok guys this is NOT for a WRX... this is for a soon to be Turbo Dodge Neon R/t

There is NO OTHER exhaust out there that is a 3" diameter... WHICH Modern Performance has designed specifically for the Hahn Racecraft turbo system.

THe reason for the "coffee" can look is so it allows any and ALL waste out of the engine. Any opther muffler would do just fine. And actually the Borla Muffler for the Neons were best for the N/a set ups.. he has this on currently and will be replacing that with the much better looking and sounding 3" exhaust.

SInce its Turbo it has no "ricer" buzz like normal it sounds very nice actually and very quiet for being a nearly wide open exhaust. All the new exhaust gives us on the Neon is optimum Flow from the trubo and stuff when we start cranking things up....

Me having an Anurism?? (SP) over a Focus... please i have drove one and not even impressed with it. I just respect other peoples views but i also try to point out that these things will sneak up on you when you least expect it too... specially this thing... which currently is buried in a blizzard as we speak....

·
Registered
745 Posts
SWATORNOT said:
Ok guys this is NOT for a WRX... this is for a soon to be Turbo Dodge Neon R/t

There is NO OTHER exhaust out there that is a 3" diameter... WHICH Modern Performance has designed specifically for the Hahn Racecraft turbo system.

THe reason for the "coffee" can look is so it allows any and ALL waste out of the engine. Any opther muffler would do just fine. And actually the Borla Muffler for the Neons were best for the N/a set ups.. he has this on currently and will be replacing that with the much better looking and sounding 3" exhaust.

SInce its Turbo it has no "ricer" buzz like normal it sounds very nice actually and very quiet for being a nearly wide open exhaust. All the new exhaust gives us on the Neon is optimum Flow from the trubo and stuff when we start cranking things up....

Me having an Anurism?? (SP) over a Focus... please i have drove one and not even impressed with it. I just respect other peoples views but i also try to point out that these things will sneak up on you when you least expect it too... specially this thing... which currently is buried in a blizzard as we speak....

My brother has borlas on his svt contour they sound nice.

·
Registered
967 Posts
did you drive an svt focus cause if you have you wouldnt be saying your not impressed and a neon thats not an srt would be smoked by the svt unless the neon has had alot of work done to it and then its basicly a srt-4

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ViP_ViPeR said:
did you drive an svt focus cause if you have you wouldnt be saying your not impressed and a neon thats not an srt would be smoked by the svt unless the neon has had alot of work done to it and then its basicly a srt-4
Actually once this Neone is finished this Spring it willbe an SRT-4 but lighter and quicker than a stock one.. the new SVT Contour's are nothing... this thing has beat one already with just the basic bolt ons... it took the neon from 1-2 gear but once he reached 3rd it was all over in the SVT as the neon pulled away hard..

So since its going to be turboed it will be much quicker. And since this Exhasut also helps to spool up the trubo better we are expecting to see bosst as low as 1200-1400 Rpms.. nothing huge but just goes to show you that there willl be little to absolutley no Lag on the Turbo

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
i find it funny that we have one thread about "and in came the exaust" right next to one titled "and out went the exaust"

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lbreevesii said:
i find it funny that we have one thread about "and in came the exaust" right next to one titled "and out went the exaust"

Yea ... LOL just after i posted it i thought WTH.. i could have made a diff title but it sounded funny that way.. specially since they were right next to each other

For that Focus.... SVT or not idunno... it would be pretty close since its still a 4 cylinder with 170Hp... but it does have a 6 spd tranny so who knows... may have to go focus hunting one of these summer weekends

1 - 20 of 21 Posts