Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Free Ballin
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my hands on a driver, 3 wood, and 6 iron.

I was gonna at to the collection a high iron, a putter, and some sort of wedge (dunno pitch or sand) thing. Any ideas? Sound smart, or not?

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
5,7,9,driver,putter,wedge. Taht's a basic kit. The 6 is one of "those" clubs like the 3, it works for u at times, and others,stabs u in the back.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Irons: 5,7,9
Wedge: Pitching Wedge (you can chip and hit long shots with it)
Woods: 3 wood and maybe a 5 wood
and of course a putter
I wouldn't recommend a driver when you are first starting because they can be hard to hit. I hope it is okay to post a golf store: http://www.golfdiscount.com/Detail.bok?no=550 - That is an okay set, but it wouldn't be too good to continue playing with for a long time.
http://rockbottomgolf.com/04admgtcompmrh.html - This would be a good set for you to play with for a while if you are willing to splurge. I hope this helped.

·
Free Ballin
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The clubs I mentioned before were given to me, so Im thankful to have em before.

I went to the driving range today. Much fun. Shanked about half, hit a quarter well.

I plan on getting a lesson or two soon.

One thing I don't get is like... What makes a 6 so different than a 7? I get that the higer numbers aren't as "massive" as in heavy and long range, but why is a 3 so hard to hit with as posted by bobide? How does the 3 and 6 stab you in the back?

·
Registered
500 Posts
MrMacDude said:
Oh, and how is a 3 wood different than a 3 iron?
A the iron has a different loft (the angle of the club face), and the 3 iron doesn't have the mass in the back of the club. The more weight of the 3 wood gives more force. The loft of a 3 wood is usually 18*(i think), and the 3 iron is different although I am not sure about the actual loft degree.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
from my experience and I took lessons for 2 yrs from a retired pro and played in a league for 3 yrs.....Honestely most of it has to do with your stance and your swing. If you get those down and I mean down to a science it really dont matter (too much anyway) what club you are using. As you play you'll get a feel for the clubs that work for you. It's a weird sport, as far as the clubs go. One club may be your best friend and another you may not be able to hit **** with. I think it's all what clubs work for you.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
yeah it definately varies on a lot of things. i used to be able to hit a solid 3 iron from the fairway, but now i struggle to hit it as far as my 7 iron. but to start if i were you, i'd just use what you feel most comfortable with because golf is really a mental game.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts