Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Administrator
14,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all of your tippmann guys out there i have a little piece of inside news from you, went and talked to a dealer at my local shop yesterday, apparently her supplyer told her to watch out for a new marker from tippmann in the next few months. All she was told was its going to be called the Crave and sold at $100. Its not on the net and not in any magazines yet but thats the rumor floating around.

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
hrmm Looks like the Pro Cabine design is making a come back.

From what I can tell it has Tippmann Course (98 style) Barrel threading. Internaly it may be closer to the 98 then the older carbine.

·
God
292 Posts
Hm. Looks like Tippmann has finally gotten their sh!! together. For once. I'm eagerly awaiting.

·
knows whats goin down.
2,615 Posts
Looks nice, but alot of **** does. I like how he thinks its the bees kness in the video, saying they recognize this and that, bunch of marketing BS. Prolly gonna release a flatline and cyclone for it, rape another 200 bucks off of this marker, and then rinse, and repeat. Unless it doesnt bust like 3/4s of the stuff they come out with now, then ill be happy. Like the pro-lite design, and the basing it off of 98c, but the 98 is not that great anyway, so whats the big deal.
Combined pro-lite with Spas 12.

·
God
292 Posts
Ayye, that friggin' Flatline is the biggest joke since the rocking trigger.

·
Administrator
14,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
flatline was before the RT unless im mistaken

but thats what i thought it was going to be, basically a stripped down 98, i was seeing new prices on the 98s of around $120 so i figured tweek it a bit and dump the price down and you might have a winning design there

holy crap, 10 screws to split that thing in half!

wow tippmann, ya really new player friendly, nothing screams learn from me like the clamshell

·
knows whats goin down.
2,615 Posts
Thats all they are. Good for beginners. I wouldnt even go that far. Crappy polycarbonate or whatever main tubes that crack, cheap parts, stupid amounts of money to be put into them, etc.

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thats all they are. Good for beginners. I wouldnt even go that far. Crappy polycarbonate or whatever main tubes that crack, cheap parts, stupid amounts of money to be put into them, etc.
yea, thats all pritty true.

and then these other companys that may and may not work with tippmann, see the oppertunity and create these custom/scenario parts that are durable and way stronger than the tippmann stock parts, and then those companys take those parts and sell them for $30 to $80... its ridiculous...

tis very true, only recomended for beginners...
heh! I'll turn into a purple kittykat the day I see a tippmann on a major leage paintball tournament field

·
knows whats goin down.
2,615 Posts
Not polycarbonite (thats like plexy glass) they are ABS and that is even cheaper
Was searching for the right word, couldnt find or remember it.
I like to use the phrase: "Frankenstein of metal and plastic." One could throw in dirt too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Jeeze I don't get why you bash tippmann so much. they're a little expensive (2-400) but for what you get, I'd say its a pretty good deal. I can't justify spending 1500 bucks on something that throws paint. Sure an ego or luxe can woop a tippmann but Its for a game! when you're young and don't have a bunch of money you can throw around, a tippmann will be a great, reliable marker.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
I don't have a problem with Tippmann's
They're shoot paintballs like everything else

I DO however have a problem with Tippmann's being over $150 while using the cheapest and most simplified operating system out to date, the blowback style.
If I were to spend money on a new gun that costs $400, I'd want a little more performance than a Spyder in a different configuration.

·
Administrator
14,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
tippmanns compared to the rest of the industry are typically a little more expensive and have a worse design while offering less fetures, they used to rely on having greater reliability but that has faded away since 04 so why spend more on a marker that gives you less and has a worse design and is going to last just as long as anything else in the low end catagory?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I don't see aproblem with the design. Its out of date but so what? If it works, why should there be a need to change it? Reliability: i constantly see electros go down at games. there is always one problem or another while with tippmanns, the only issue i've had was chopping with britle paint-threw in some soft paddles and it was good to go. I'm not bashing electros, i just want to make a point about reliability.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts