Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Another new Mini owner!

3K views 33 replies 4 participants last post by  mildmanor 
#1 ·
Just wanted to say hello and join the forum!

I just got a new blue Mini, 14inch St!ffi Sw!tch, Halo Odyssey Belt Driven w/Rip Drive and V35 Board Loader, Crossfire Fixed High Pressure N2 Tank - 68ci 4500psi. And a couple accessories.

I'm a total noob! I went paintballing YEARS ago, but my little brother has been into it for the last year or so and talked me into getting into it again. So dropped some cash and hooked myself up. Cant wait to get out there this weekend.

#2 ·
Great gun. Will kick like a mule this weekend. Don't worry, after it breaks in, you'll barely feel the kick. If you want to speed the process, get an NDZ bolt and spring kit and it'll drop your kick to imperceptible levels. then eventually spend $7 on a spring poppit, and your gun will rock with the best out there.

#3 ·
Cool thanks! I set it up earlier and was leaking air out of EVERYWHERE! My bro tried to help me but had to run out for a while. Been reading everything I can to try to figure this thing out.

When I could get it workin' it felt AWESOME, but it was short lived.

#5 ·
Well when I screw in the tank the air comes flying out of the bottom (i think its the bleader valve). The mini only seems to work if the tank is just about empty. If I use a semi-full tank it will either come out the barrel or that little valve on the bottom. Kind of hard to pinpoint it really. I've been reading forums so much I'm dizzy now lol

#6 ·
Ok think i figured it out. It was leaking from that bleader screw thing on the bottom. So i adjusted the gold screw and everything seems to be running ok for the most part. Only "issue" is it seems like the gauge is stuck around 280-300 psi? I know it should run around the 200s but dont know how to get it that way?!?! Aghhh. Oh well I'll figure it out I guess.

#7 ·
There is an allen key screw in the from of the regulator(where you screw your tank in) adjust that to your liking to get the right pressure.

#9 ·
Ok I have been adjusting the little screw in the front of the regulator, but even without a tank on there the gauge is reading about 280psi???? Any thoughts?

#10 ·
Sounds like a faulty gauge. Contact paintball solutions about getting it replaced, they do the whole Mini maintenances so it should be free.

#12 ·
Crap!!! Not what I wanted to hear lol. Hope I can get a replacement one overnighted to me. Aghhhhh!! Bumbed

#13 ·
Any aftermarket ones I can get to replace it? I'll order one up and get it overnighted? Prob going to order a better board and stuff for it too so might as well just toss one of them in as well.

#14 ·
talk to paintballsolutions.com, if you just bought it your gun is still under warranty and you will be able to get one for free.

#15 ·
Ok thanks. Yeah just got it today actually. So I would assume its still covered.

#17 ·
Hey guys! Wanted to say thanks for the help. I was in town today and just stopped by a big shop and just had them toss in a new gauge. It was like $10.00 so I didnt mind. Plus I had the kid set the Mini up for me and make sure everything was good because I was messing around with stuff hahaha. But really appreciate all the help. Now gotta order new bolt, springs, and board!!!! The Mini is kinda bad@ss I tell ya. Was lookin at the EGO and stuff like that at the shop and gotta say even though thats suppose to be sick, still like my mini bettah

#18 ·
Unless you're playing in tournaments and need the 13.3 bps ramping of PSP, don't bother with a board. The stock works just fine if you're just playing recreationally. Don't forget to get a spring poppit also (if yours didn't come with one), will save you headaches in the long run (I still need to get that myself).

#19 ·
Yeah thats what my little bro said too. But I'm such a poser I want it all hahahaha. Guess I'll hold off on the board but get the poppit and stuff. Loaded a couple hoppers through it last night and DAMN that thing has some kick but is so sweet to shoot!! Now only if I knew how to aim...

#20 ·
There really is no aiming a paintball gun, just watch where your stream is going and adjust to where you want it to go. Once the gun breaks in that kick will all but disappear. If I was you I'd look into the TechT bolt.

#21 ·
Just a response to the pressure issue

I have the same problems that you did with pressure in the gun.

Not sure if you tried it, but we did at the field, just unscrew the bottle about 1 turn and drop 1 ball into the gun and fire it. it will releive the pressure that is in the gun.

Simple solution.

Still loving my gun, just wish i had a tad more range out of it. ill look into a barrel soon.

#22 ·
Your barrel will not help your "range". Turn up your velocity for better "range".

#24 ·
The stoc kbarrel is actually pretty freakin accurate, I use it on all my guns right now because all my barrels are sitting in NC while I'm in VA.

#26 ·
Y'all still have mulch down no your speedball fields?

#27 ·
The speedball is next to the main field now. They just put up another custom field for their scenario event on the 28th of june. its called the berlin crisis. its 8 hours.

But mulch is down pretty much everywhere, the new field they put up is awsome looking, I cant wait to play on it.

#28 ·
Yeah I noticed the mulch everywhere at last years EPL fall event 1, still have the pants with the hole that the ground tore intoas well:).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.