Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Bang Bang Bang
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, you probably saw my thread on audio. Well ,if it begins to be more than i really care spending, i plan on taking the money i have and putting it towards my engine. Yeah yeah. call me a ricer, i dont really care, i want more power to my car. im not trying to make it a 130hp pissed off bumble bee goin down the road, i want it to have power.

By next week ill have 700 bucks at the least, and i am wondering what i should do to the engine if i dont do all the audio stuff. i already have the exhaust so i dont need that.

im thinking of some pretty simple starting things that are going to give me a quick boost in horsepower that i can tell. im thinking of something like...

AEM Cold Air Intake(150)
Underdrive pulleys(160)
and thats about all ive gotten to looking at.

So, if anyone here is kind enough to lay off the ricer jokes long enough to put some thought into it, i would appreciate it greatly.

(tl:dr)I have about 700 bucks +/- to spend on my 03 civic EX, and what do you reccomend with that to give me best amount of paower/accel for that.

Thanks all

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Save yur money, and buy a Doc V-tec 6 cylinder... What kind of engine are you running? To upgrade your exhaust, you will need to get a COMPLETE System, and modifie some things...

You should look at a new engine. To up your power, Its not only engine, its car etc.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
i sure as hell wouldn't spend 150 on a cold air intake. its not worth it. turbo it if anything. you can get turbos for ricers for cheap and they aren't too bad to install. you can have your local exaust shop fab up some intake tubes for cheap. if u don't want to do that, you can buy deneric cold air intakes for a third of what you would pay for that "name brand" one. 160 also seems steep for underdrive pulleys(to me anyway). i can get an underdrive for my ranger for just 75 bux.

·
Bang Bang Bang
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the parts are expensive isa because my car is fairly new. pulleys for a 99-01 civic would only be like 100. its crazy.

im thinkin ima get

Cold air intake
pulleys
healdights that match my taillights
new head unit(deck) for my car

but, who knows.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts