Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering adding an anti-siphon unit to my 20 oz CO2 tank, because my gun has been freezing since its been so cold. I've read that anti-siphon's can help keep guns from freezing up. I was wondering if this was a good alternative to going with HPA, where it looks like the tanks are pretty expensive and give off fewer shots. I've got a Spyder TS, which is a fairly basic model that I picked up at Dick's Sporting goods for about $150, so I'm not using anything too high-tech. Any suggestions?

Does any one know how difficult it is to add an anti-siphon to a tank?

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
You should probably get your local field or paintball shop to install the anti siphon, since it has to be to your specific gun. Since you have to get the siphon up towards the gas in the tank, it takes aligning the tube upwards.

HPA may not give you as many shots, but it's amazingly consistant, and that's part about being an accurate player, consistancy helps. Also, if you were to get an HPA tank, if you upgraded to a better gun, you wouldn't have to worry about anything. Even if you think you won't get a new, and better gun, it's always a possibility :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts