3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do more bad then good. :mad:

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are you on?

Zoloft sucks for me at least.. it made me have suicidal tendencies and overdose on benzodiazapines

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah my friend said try paxil or prozac next.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
I use a pretty old one called nortryptyline(sp?) anyway, if I dont take them everyother day I have constant headache's or migranes. Their my happy pills. :hug:

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
I agree.

My mom is on anti-depressants and they've ****ed her up pretty good.

She's been trying for years to get me on them and I always say no.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
you people need to stop turning to pills to stop solving your problems. i dont want to sound like tom cruise, i believe in medication being good sometimes, but i think that turning to meds for depression is VERY dangerous. imo anything that supposedly changes the way you think is dangerous. if you're depressed, go buy a puppy or something.

O

·
0 Posts
My dad takes them I think, that or like one's that calm him down. He used to be real bad. Not abusive but he'd yell way more than normal and throw **** and it truthfully was horrible. (And it's not a drinking or drug problem because he's never done drugs and very very rarely drinks.) After he got on medication a few years ago it really turned him around. He's still strict but he's always more come and just all around a better Dad.

Sucks that medication didn't work out so well for you pbnewbie.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Well, I would suggest anyone taking it, unless they had a very severe case of depression. Or in cases like mine, I dont have depression, but they make me only have headache's about once a week.

Anybody heard of Axert? I have them for when I get a severe migrane, but they cost 1,395 for 60 pills... Thank god for insurance. :)

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
NYY said:
you people need to stop turning to pills to stop solving your problems. i dont want to sound like tom cruise, i believe in medication being good sometimes, but i think that turning to meds for depression is VERY dangerous. imo anything that supposedly changes the way you think is dangerous. if you're depressed, go buy a puppy or something.
honestly, i can understand where you're coming from. It does change the way you think, but in a FAR better way. Before I was on them I would always be at home doing nothing, not really being social, not doing chores, and getting in trouble etc etc. But once i got on them, and it kicked in...It didnt really FEEL like it was working, but everyone around me could tell. I'm a nicer person, i keep my promises about chores and stuff, etc etc. THe main reason I got back on them ( i had taken them before and was being pretty good in life so i stopped them) was because life was turning really crappy, my dad dying and other stuff, so i'm back on them. And im glad im back on them.

·
Registered
830 Posts
NYY said:
nyy, you're my bud, but that's a massively ignorant statement. antidepressants are things like MAOIs (monoamine oxidase inhibitors), SSRIs (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors), and tricyclics. MAOIs and tricyclics increase hormones like norepinephrine and serotonin, while SSRIs work by limiting the amount of serotonin that the nervous system can intake, keeping more serotonin in the brain.

depression is a clinical, MEDICAL disorder. there is a difference between sad and clinically depressed. it is a lot of times caused by a faulty hippocampus (brain region) and the damage done to the hippocampus by the overproduction of cortisol (stress hormone).

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
^An increase in norepinephrine could be harmful to the sympathetic release of epinephrine, making it almost useless. And if you tryed to play paintball with no epinepherine, it would suck!

·
Registered
830 Posts
thats why MAOIs are prescribed for less active patients, most often adults and non-athletes.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Well, unless used carefully, you can **** up your Central NS pretty bad. Inhibiting the release of things can mess up your neurotransmitters. Or can cause problems when your off the drugs with the uptake of these neurotransmitters into the dendrites of the next neuron. And if you have problems transmitting impulses, then you are gonna have a bunch of problems.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts