Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow at school I'm going to have to go online to pick out some date for an essay I have to write.

Did anyone directly wittness 911 or have a family member who was directly involved? Can you tell me anything about it?

I'll be logging on pbf tomorrow at school to check out the results..

If you didn't directly see it or know anyone who did, you can at least post your story of what you were doing when you heard and what you thought.

·
to lazy to change avatar
1,777 Posts
ya, i wasnt, or my family, involved in 911 but i remember i was in middle school (7th) grade, and it was third period, and i was writting the date in my binder for the "do now" and i looked at it after i wrote it and was like "he, its 911, thats pretty wierd" now keep in mind, they didnt tell us ONE thing in school. they kept it quite. all i heard was people announcing over the intercome telling teachers to check their emails right away and about 10 students being called down to the office to go home about every 5 minutes. so, i think during 4th period i got bored and went down to the nurse to get outa class, and heard her talking on the phone with another nurse from a different school and she said "I though the 4th one crashed in pittsburg" or something like that. long story short, go back to class, friend tells me what happened during last period, dont believe him, and basicly no one was in school. oh ya, and my grandfather was part of that firehouse they did that documentary on. it was hook and ladder (some number). my dad used to play in that firestation all the time

·
Captain of Team Impact
639 Posts
i remember exactly where i was and stuff when it happened, i remember my thoughts too so if u wanted to interview me i would be happy to do it

aim-Conner0077

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing...so I guess I'll just post up in case you need it.

It was Tuesday...everyone remembers that. I was in my first hour. 8th grade art. With Mrs. Katz. We always had the TV on in art...she said it stimulated the mind or something like that. Anyways, we looked up at the TV...and there was news of a terrorist attack. We all huddled around the TV and started watching. Then...then I saw one of the worst things of my life. I watched that second plane crash into the towers. An image I'll never forget - ever.

Mrs. Katz started freaking out. She called her brother...but without an answer. He was supposed to be in the towers that day. Turns out he was in St. Louis...pretty damn far away, we found this out because he called her cell back. After art, we all went to our classes. We watched the coverage all day. That's all we did. For all of that day, and the rest of the night, I watched the coverage. I couldn't believe what had happened to my country.

That day solidified my joining the services. I saw that, and it was such a blow to my country...had I been able to, I would have been at the nearest recruitment office THAT DAY. But, I was only in 8th Grade. I made a decision that day that no matter what the price, I was going to make it into the Army, and I was going t make it Special Forces. I made a promise to myself that I would take it to those terrorist bastards or die trying..and that's a promise I'm going to keep.

·
Registered
2 Posts
well i was just looking around as a guest...and saw this so i thought i should make an account and awnser..

well i was a fire fighter at the attack and it was one of the most traumatising experiences in my life, we got the call...not knowing the towers were attacked and we assumed there was just a fire near them..but we rushed there as we would to any emergency...when we got out of the truck and looked up at the towers to see one of them on fire...it was pure shock and devestation, we hurried to get the hoses ready to fight the flames, and as we were almost ready to start shooting out the water another plane crashed directly into the second tower, a shard of glass when straight passed my head..but we knew this fire had to be put out we were there for what seamed like hours trying to put out this fire, but every time it looked like it might be giving in it would just spread rapidly..we continued along fighting the fire with countless other fire fighters..the police were scattering around clearing people away from the area...as we noticed the towers some what starting to sway back and forth we knew something wasnt right..we told the police to move and get people out of here...i looked back up and saw an explosion near the top..i couldnt really tell where excactly but some where around there..and the tower came crashing down, i looked around and saw a little girl standing closer to the building than i was..i knoew it was too late for the people in the tower..but if i didnt do something this girl was as good as dead, i looked up again and it looked like the tower had hardly fell any more like time was going slower than normal,i ran my fastest to the girl and picked her up and bolted it down the street away from the towers i felt like i was getting weaker, it must have been that this tradgedy just fully kicked in...i handed her off to a fellow fire fighter and then fell to my knees,i woke up later..not knowing what happened,there was a metal bar laying across my abs ..i couldnt move, i looked around and there was so many dead bodies, they were every where..it looked like someone dug up every single body in a grave yard..it was horrible..every where you looked a mangled corpse, a dead body..an innocent soul killed for no reason..a police oficer helped me move the bar and i got up luckly hardly even hurt,except for a large gash across where the metal landed...i got up and worked my way to a group of fire fighters they were from my station..i asked where some of my best friends from the station were..they looked at me and shed a tear..i knew what had happened,i slowly walked over to a curb and sat down..my friends were dead, my life never to be the same again..i got back up and encouraged other fire fighters to help look for the injured in the piles of rubble we only found a few people not many....but so many corpses....so many dead,it was easily the worst day of my life,i found my friends..well 3 of the 4 that well...died and we had proper funerals for them..and they died, serving their country..and i am lucky to have got out alive.its amazing even this long after the attack..its like it was yesterday.
i hope i was of help alpha..if you have any questions dont hesatate to ask them..

·
Registered
28 Posts
i was sitting in my Ag class in 9th grade 1st peroid. A teacher came in and said i plane has just crashed into the world trade center i was like wtf. Then she turned on the tv and the second plane hit and then cnn was talking to a guy at the pentagon and then the guy screams a bomb or some large explosion has just happend a few offices down and then u hear him trying to figure out what was going on.( he didnt know a plane had just hit the pentagon) so they start talking to him for a few more minuts then he said he has to leave... then they keep showing the plane hitting the world trade centers and i was like OMG wtf is going on i was getting scared... i felt sick watching the plane go smashing into the building over and over thinking a few moments before the hit those people were alive and had no idea what was about to happen the smack the plane hits the building. we watched it for the rest of the day.

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
My mom drove by the Pentagon and it was still on fire (she was coming home from her work in Richmond, VA).

I remember thinking we were going to be invaded =/

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
my sister had an apartment right across from the towers. she didn't know what happend so she took out her camera and took some photos. when she developed them, she found out that it was people jumping out. she was really shaken by that, she also has a new apartment just because she can stand to look at the sigth every day.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I was sitting in english class when it first happen it wasnt until about history 4 periods after that i found out what happen. No one in my class really understood what happen then but now that we look back on it we feel the great struggle that was layed apon us that fateful day. It really brought into prespective how fast a typical day can change into living hell. When I got home that day my parents were in shock and I went out and did what ever i did when I was in 6th grade. Like I said, it didnt really effect me until now. Now when im older I see the great points of tragedy how hard it is to cope with loss. 9/11 for me then was just another day, now everytime i think about it makes me even closer to join the service. Hope this help its kinda screwy yeah I know but im not the best writter.

·
Banned
508 Posts
I still remember it...

I woke up that morning running late for school. I was eating my cheerios and getting dressed. I was in the 6th grade. I flipped it to the news station so I could see what the weather was going to be like, and I saw it... The plane crashing into the other tower.

I wasn't really scared that I would die, considering I'm all the way in Kansas, but I was scared our country was under a huge threat. I went to school that day and kids were crying and freaking out, and other kids thought it was a joke. One kid thought it was cool that something that big was blowing up.

I'll never forget that day, and it still saddens me to think about it today.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The ****in teachers didnt tell us until 7th hour. Teacher got done with lecture and about 1 min before bell rang he goes "Oh and both the world trade towers and part of the pentagon was attacked today." then the bell rang......half the dumb****ass class didnt even know what the WTC was and just ran into the hallway like usual. I think it was the most lameass thing to do what the teachers did and tell us 2 seconds before we leave. and dumb thing is my world civ teacher's school did the same thing with the JFK assassanation. "And before you leave, the president was assassinated today" dumb****s

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I was at school when i heard (6th grade) we turned on the tv to watch a video and then all of a sudden on cnn there was a plane crashin into the twin towers. we all were like wtf was that....so we watched it in utter shock. everyone was just staring at the screen thinkin wtf is goin on?
i then realized that i have a cousin that works in the building. thank god she wasn't workin that day, she was sick.
when i heard about the people that crashed in pittsburg and their heroic efforts in the plane, i thought how honorable that was for them to do that.

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
I still remember it clear as day...

It seemed to be another lame day of school, and the sun was just rising (since I'm all the way in Ohio). I was in my second period class, Foreign Affairs (how ironic) and I was taking a test on foreign policy and the various aspects that shape it within the United States government.

Just the day before, we had turned in a report on international terrorism since we were assigned the topic- others included Israeli/Palestinian conflict, North Korea and its possible development of WMD's, etc. Freaky since we mentioned bin Laden and al-Qaeda in that report as one of the top terrorist groups operating worldwide, but didn't consider him a serious problem.

Anyway, so we're taking this test and we've just begun. One of the teachers from across the hall sticks his head through the door and says "Hey Darin, turn on the news, a plane has crashed into the world trade center." He said he'd turn it on after we were all done with the test, but we didn't think too much of it. I remember thinking it was probably a Piper Cub or a Cessna or something like that, not a commercial airliner.

So we keep taking the test, and then a few minutes later one of the other teachers comes in and says the Pentagon is on fire and that they think an airplane crashed into it. At this point is where I really started to get weirded out, that was too much of a coincidence that two planes crashed in two highly visible and symbolic places around the same time. It was then that we asked our teacher to turn on the news and he refused, saying we needed to finish the test. So after a few minutes, we had enough and we all turned in our tests, even though none of us were done. We HAD to see the news.

So he turns it on, and right from the get-go the news anchors don't know what to make of the situation, they weren't very calm and just as surprised as everyone watching. They were focusing on the North tower and its gaping hole when all of a sudden I saw the second airliner flying from in from the right side of the screen and go behind the North tower.

No way, I didn't just see that.

And then the huge fireball from it crashing into the South tower made me realize that all hell was breaking loose. It was then that I really thought this was the beginning of the apocalypse. I have never known fear in my life as I did when I saw that second plane plunge into the South tower on live TV. It was just unbelieavable.

For the rest of the day, there was talk we were getting sent home to be with our families, and we got sent home after lunchtime. I remember going down in the basement and watching the TV with my mom and sister in disbelief while she called our relatives in New York City. One of them was at work, so we couldn't reach them, and the other wasn't home, so we feared the worst.

Later on we found out that both relatives died in the attacks- Eric Allen was a firefighter for the New York Fire Department and was around the 12th floor when the North Tower collapsed. Joseph Allen was a bond broker for Cantor Fitzgerald and was in his office on the 101st floor of the North Tower when the first plane hit, so he was probably killed directly from the impact.

·
Registered
678 Posts
i remember freaking out thinking my town would be targeted but i live in a no name small town i dont think i slept at all that night i was sad

how much tragity brings out irrational thoughts

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
smalls hasn't posted here...

Thanks guys, especially firefighter 22, I'll be sure that your story gets told. THanks for saving lives, and for sharing that with us.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I was in my computer class *talented and gifted, but we mainly play on the computers* and mr gamble went over to my homeroom teacher and said they hit the buildings and then he said they hit the pentogon or vise versa. I was like holy ****! My mom was sent home from work b/c she works for the government, she checked me out. She called her friend who is an airline pilot to make sure it wasn't him, luckily it wasn't, but it was a friend of his who was piloting the hijacked plane

·
Registered
2 Posts
no problem alpha...if you have questions i will be glad to awnser them...there is alot i left out like when i went into the buildings...thats just something i thought would be somewhat un suitable for the public...very terrifying if u want to know about it maybe we can talk thorugh those pm things...very horrible though..if you want to hear it be prepared for a very gorey story...saving lives is a good thing to do ...but the mental scars wont ever go away

1 - 19 of 19 Posts