Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new second hand HDTV was working fine and now I get no power only a flashing power light. It flashes 5 times then it flashes 9 times. then continues to repeat. Its an RCA D40W20. Im highly trained in electronics but have no experience with TVs. So if you can help me let me know please. Im trying to save some dough!

·
12,110 Posts
I spilled a bit of waer in my cable box .Its in teh worst position.. I went to put some water in my lizards water dish and I have to tip it to get the glass out because the cage top wont open all the way.. Long story short I ot a splash of water in there.

Its a digital cable box... I think I might need to replace it now. I get audio but not video.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
uh yea, thanks. Why post if you're not going to post something helpful? Just wasted my time checking this thread.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Those are expensive machines, and if you tinker with them you could screw it up even more. I'd just take it in to a local shop.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Pr0ph3t said:
Don't open it up, it's jst like a computer monitor; they store electrical energy inside of them, and will kill you if you do something wrong.
correct me if i'm wrong, but i didn't think that hdtv's had capacitors of that size. crt's(regular tv's and comptuer monitors), and computer power supplies do. plus anyone who knows anything about electronics knows how to discharge the capacitors. you simply use a conductor to connect the power prongs in all the possible configurations.

i think if i were u smitty i'd try looking up that flash code on rca's website, if you can't find it e-mail them. i'd say the flashing pattern is a trouble code must like the beep codes produced by a computer's bios chip if it fails the post test.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes there are 2 really big capacitors in there and I put my meter on them and they were charged up to 300 volts even unplugged. Yes I am very familiar with the stored energies of a TV. My question though is hopefully someones Dad out there may be a TV repairman or something and maybe I could get some help that way. Looks like I dont have to worry about it though the repair guy is coming out tomorrow. Im also getting Doom3 tomorrow so the timing is good.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
usually I just hit the side of my old tv. But to each his own. Take it to a local shop or where you bought it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts