Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can find the entire video of rumsfeld speaking in kuwait?

like actuall links. I just wanna see the soldiers questioning him.

·
Banned
2,855 Posts
I watched it earlier. I cant get an exact link, but you go to foxnews.com and look all the way to thr right and you'll see some soldiers and thers your video just click and set the settings and pimp it

·
Anne Coulter's #1 Fan
4,291 Posts
great site wtf? If you're an aspiring member of the Klan maybe...

I was watching a little bit of the questioning between classes today, those poor military guys/gals. They get owned so bad by uncle sam... oh well, looks like they should have tried a different career.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they don't see it as getting owned...you couldn't run the gov any better. I mainly watch cnn but there was only a small ammount on the issue.

·
Banned
2,855 Posts
I just feel bad that politicians run the military...but if the military ran the military they could overthrow the goverment

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
headbutting only works if your drunk our boys shouldn't be forced through that stuff.

its tough because we need soliders more than ever but the government is making it harder and harder

·
12,110 Posts
OKay, lets kick up taxes so we can pay for more armored hummers, Class3 ballistic armor for every footsoldier, and all sorts of safety things...

I admire the men and women who fight out there.. But its a fight.. People don't understand, bulletproof armor isn't really bulletproof in all cases, adn the times it is, it costs hundreds of thousands of dollars to outfit one vehicle so it is completely invulnerable.

ITs mostly CQB going on.. mostly urban warefare... Most of the time htye are either old soviet or other copies of the AK-47 and its cousins.. 7.62mm. Now, within 20 feet, I don't care how much you spend on armor, its not going to stop everythign.

Its a war. Not a cakewalk.

HOWEVER. I am not in the ****. I think the soldiers who get shot at every day would know better about this then me, or some politician who only cares about his public outlook.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Yeah, armor is expensive. So are cruise missles and such. The soldiers are the heart of any good army. I think the soldiers should at least have some up to date armor. That really should take priority over having a million cruise missles. I know the ceramic vests aren't bulletproof... but it could help people survive through getting shot if they take it in the vest. It's mostly blind fire coming from the Iraqi's anyways from Ak's and such, so a vest really would up survivability I think.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Didnt they also use steel sheets as armor. Like in black hawk down. I am a history buff but Im not to sure on this one. Plus a slab of sheet metal > 7.62mm.

7.62 was the old to. They replaced it with a 5.56mm (or similar). But the countries we are fighting now still have the old ones.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
JTUntouchable said:
Sheet metal isn't the lightest of things though. I'm not really sure what the deal is with that tho.

In black hawk down they said it weighted 30lbs. I don't think movie refrences are good but they tried to make that movie as acurate as possible.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Honestly, I just saw Rumsfeld's speech to the soldiers in Iraq... WHAT THE HELL!?!?!?!? Some of the stuff he said was honestly shocking. I just can't believe he would say that ****! "Well, we could put a lot of money into armor for a tank.. .and that tank could still blow up." And he totally dodged questions...

Honestly, the soldiers asked some good questions... and he really just seemed to slap them in the face imo.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
true man. he dodges the questions because he can't answere them...he doesn't have a good answere there isn't one. ive heard between 450 new humvees a month to 200,000 over a few years. Its good that they are getting new ones out there but hopefully they will be doing there best to keep the units on the ground safe.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts