2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put together a badass gaming PC a few weeks ago. Specs:

AMD Phenom II x6 1100T Black Edition CPU
MSi 880G motherboard
8gb Corsair DDR3 RAM
Zotac GTX 560Ti 1gb gddr5 graphics card
500gb hard drive

Some other ****, but that's the keys. I play BF3 and Civ 5, but when I'm not broke I'll probably be getting some more games. Anyone else play?

·
Erect member.
2,323 Posts
AMD Athlon 555BE Quad Core overclocked to 3.7 GHZ
Biostar A870 mobo
8GB Corsair (4x2GB) DDR3 RAM
PNY 550ti 1GB GDDR5 overclocked to 1025 MHZ core clock
500 GB 7200 RPM HDD
850 watt Black Widow PSU
All wrapped up in a Thermaltake V9 case.

Playing SWTOR, Skyrim, BF3, Bastion, Portal 1&2, Mass Effect 1&2, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Guild Wars, World of Warcraft, and a whole ton of Steam games. Like, 50 Steam games total.

Steam ID Giga1337, I've started playing APB: Reloaded. It's an unpolished, buggy game, but it's like GTA multiplayer. Great if you love trolling. The F2P model killed it, you spend a couple bucks and suddenly you can destroy anything o_O

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
Yea I got a Phenom II X6 1050, 6 gigs of ram, 1tb hd, and a ATI 5670. Probably going to upgrade the video card soon, something from the 7000 line probably. Mostly play tribes and starcraft 2 on it.

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
so what do you do with your 12 gigs of ram?
Nothing I do would be ram limited at 8 GB, so it works. Only upgraded to 12 intead of 8 because they had the 8 GB (2x4 GB) kit only $1 more expensive (after rebate) than the 4 GB kit (2x2 GB)

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Ohhhh time to trump everybody! :D
Why would you guys build AMD machines? LOL

Intel i5 2500k overclocked 4.5ghz
ASUS P8P67 REV 3.1 motherboard
16gb g.skill sniper 2133mhz DDR3 RAM
Sparkle GTX 460 2GB (This is being RMA'd and will probably be replaced with a 570ti or other 448 core card NEVER BUY SPARKLE CARDS)
Antec Kuhler 620 Liquid Cooling
OCZ 800watt power supply (traded my modular 500w for it in case I wanted to SLI)
Crucial SATA 6.0 64gb SSD Drive (OS)
Western Digital 160gb 3.0 SATA Drive (Gaming)
Western Digital MyBook 1TB (Media)
Diablotek case 7 fans total
Microsoft Sidewinder x4 Gaming Keyboard
RAZER Deathadder 3500dpi Gaming Mouse
HP 25" LED Monitor

Aside from my piece of **** GPU this machine runs like a dream. prime95 and High settings on Battlefield 3 I have never exceed 58 degrees on my core temps and my GPU has never exceeded 68 degrees no matter what I try and throw at it wihtout crashing. I usually have to underclock my card 100mhz and up the voltage by about .2 for a guaranteed no crash.

Right now I mainly just play:

Battlefield 3 - higheveryday
Starcraft II - OneLove
Steam - agg_paintballer

Will be getting down on some CS:GO and Diablo III once they are out for sure.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
you bastard, i couldnt' find a core i5 that i could overclock when I was building my new system

I have no idea what Diablo actually is, but I'm getting it with my year subscription on WOW, so damnit, i'm going to play it. It's got a pretty big following, but i was into counter strife and FFC when the old diablo games came out.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
you bastard, i couldnt' find a core i5 that i could overclock when I was building my new system

I have no idea what Diablo actually is, but I'm getting it with my year subscription on WOW, so damnit, i'm going to play it. It's got a pretty big following, but i was into counter strife and FFC when the old diablo games came out.
Yeah the sandy bridge processors are insane! I did the auto-overclock on my EFI and it OCed it from 3.3 to 4.5 on it's own. At the time I was still air cooled and had some nasty temps so I didn't push it anymore. Even at 4.5ghz I have yet to break 58 degrees. I could overclock to 5ghz easily but I'm pretty content where it's at.

Go download Diablo II and do the "high res patch" mod. It's a fun ass game even though it's 10+ years old. DIII will be the **** if you like WOW you'll probably like this even better. Do you craft at all?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts