Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting the 98 custom pro pack for my starter gun. Does anyone have any real complaints about it that i should kno about?

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
The sears tend to wear out int eh newer ones, the quality o them just isn't as good anymore.
besides that they're great. Because of the durability you can feel safe buying a used one so long as it's a few years older.

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
to clear up what matrix was saying, recently tippmann went from being the most durable markers out, to ... well pretty much the most durable markers out. Sear wear isn't a big problem it's become slightly more common in recent years.

·
Registered
29 Posts
what are the sears?? are you talking about the O-rings??

I just got my custom 98 with ACT about a week and a half ago and now started to put on the cosmetic mods such as the buttstocks and the barrel shrouds.

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
A sear is an internal part. Your mannual will do a lot better job of explaining what it is than we can on here.

o rings are rubber rings in the shape of an O. they are all over the internals of all paintball markers.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was talking to a friend of mine who plays regional, and he suggested, since im unsure as to whether i want to stick to arena or woods, i should buy a spyder due to they are (apparently) more versatile. Any arguments or suggestions as to what would be a good beginner spyder gun?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there's also this whole "eye" system to it, i got a quick description but what exactly does it do, and should i get it if available?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kay, so i've decided to go with the spyder, so i definitly shouldn't go with the spyder vs2 or 3? are they complicated?

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
do not get the vs3. the rockignt rigger on it is one of the most worthless things ever.

the VS2 requires compressed air and can not use co2; be sure you have another $100 or so for a tank if you get the vs2.
if you can't do that the VS1 can use CO2 just fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts