Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
sk8 with paint
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever tried to turn their 98 custom pro into a gun like tippmann effect uses. i thought this would be a fun project and want to know if it can be done by someone limited by money

·
sk8 with paint
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im really thinkin of doing that. i think it owuld be fun plus ill be making a bunch of ccash this summer so i will have some extra cash. and kaz i think uve done alot

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Tippmann Effect used to use E-bolt kit'ed 98C's. I think now these have all been replaced by the E-grip Custom Pro's and A-5's.

There have been a few made that used boards from different guns- The LCD Matrix board guns were kinda rare and worked well enough.

Natural Newbie's gun was just about completly custom and looked great. Predator II board, fully custom ram and everything.

There's been some other variations as well.

I tried once. I'm strapped for cash and don't have access to much beyond normal home tools. At one point I was shaping aluminum with a file in my dorm room. I still haven't finished the damn gun, and the only part I sent off to be machined never made it. I have yet to replace it and it is pretty crucial to having a working gun.

Be prepared to spend more than you have in mind. And there will always be another bug.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Did your 'Zero' key stick?

Don't spend a thousand on a Tippmann. You can get near any gun you want for that, used or new. I mean you can, if you really want to, but man...I wouldn't consider that 'limited' at all.

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
$1000!!!! wow thats a lot to put into a tippmann. I think you'll need to put about $600-$700 or so into it from a 98 with e-trigger.

1. You'll need an LP kit, those are like what $100??
2. A sweet trigger job where they alter a lot more then just the plastic trigger and spring. have no idea how much that costs....
3. Of course you'll need to e-grip it, I'm sure the W.A.S. board will work just fine. so you can buy that already on the gun.
4. I don't know how Tippmann Effects makes there guns lighter but you'll need to do that.
5. Barrel Kit
6. Loader
7. .... i'm running out of idea's here anyone else have some???

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
you 'Need' a low pressure kit? People take the phrase Tippmann Effect Marker way too far. I mean sure there's no problem with adding it if you want to.

Here's one that was sold by a player on that team.
http://www.paintballforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102338

Certainly wouldn't cost $1000 to build that gun, and it was actually in Tippmann Effect hands. This was before the custom pro of course, and the E-bolt is no longer produced, as it was replaced by the E-grip custom pro edition 98.

·
Registered
115 Posts

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
what do you mean "that's a speedball tippmann" :sly: WTF do you think the tippmann effect guns are made to be and do?

all you need for a Tippmann Effect gun is a few components.

-a electronic board (from any gun really, so long as it fits in the frame, buy this used)
-a noid(any 4 way noid, go w/ one that uses hoses, also buy this used)
-a lpr, this can be mounted anywhere really, and at $40 usually it's cheap. Just route the air from it to the noid
-a ram. This is where it gets hard. You need a ram that fits inside the 98's body w/ little modding. Running a ram and hammer you'll probably need to change out the valve spring to a lighter one also. To get the ram to work you are going to need to route the air to both ends of it. This means cutting into the body to let the noid's hoses get from the frame to the ram.

It's not overly complex, just demands patience and some good tools.

·
Lounge prostitute
1,945 Posts
Hey...this is giving me an idea, but i'm not going to spend the time/money on it till i've got a setup that i'm happy with...prolly about 10 years lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts