Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
no joke guys. congress is passin some bills or **** and the draft is starting in june 2005 or something. heres a link. i didnt read it thourouly (sp) but i read that first line (and more) and all i really got was that they're passing 2 bills or something and the draft is going to start in 2005??? somone really smart read it and tell me whats up.
*edit* hehe forgot the link. i'm retarded. http://www.congress.org/congressorg/issues/alert?alertid=5834001&content_dir=ua_congressorg
*edit*

·
Banned
3,571 Posts
give the link

how do you know that they'll be passed?

who are you?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wtf kind of question is who am i?? lol. like my other accts that i had? or why ihate advanters? i used to be $BLING$ got banned. came back as vikkid258 and got banned (no idea why and no one would tell me) then i'm back as this guy. and i was in a chat yesterday and avanters is a ***. if you were there you know what i be speakin of. YA HEARD. 1337 check my 1337 rating in ur impy thread FO SHO. YOU NUGS HEARD. damn i'mghetttooo

·
Banned
3,571 Posts
juscheckin said:
wtf kind of question is who am i?? lol. like my other accts that i had? or why ihate advanters? i used to be $BLING$ got banned. came back as vikkid258 and got banned (no idea why and no one would tell me) then i'm back as this guy. and i was in a chat yesterday and avanters is a ***. if you were there you know what i be speakin of. YA HEARD. 1337 check my 1337 rating in ur impy thread FO SHO. YOU NUGS HEARD. damn i'mghetttooo
yes, I knew you were a returning member, i just wanted to know which.

·
Banned
3,571 Posts
a) won't be passed
b) that's congress.org LIBERAL SITE
c) ignore it
d) won't be passed

·
Registered
422 Posts
If the draft is reinstated then maybe the lost art of being a hippie will come back. But i doubt it will be passed now, maybe in 20 years time because of the very low intrest in the army and lack of people going to the recruitment offices.

·
Wheeeeee!
1,366 Posts
lol that "Liberal" site is assuming that Bush will win the ellection. :p

Selective Service must report to Bush on March 31, 2005 that the system, which has lain dormant for decades, is ready for activation.
It's basically saying that congress is getting ready for the draft, regardless of wether or not they will use it.

I feel that they probably will. Which could suck for me. I'm going to college. According to this, the proposed bills (which HAVE been in and out of the news, intermittantly) aren't letting college students finish their degrees before shipping out.

At least it'll be good for the music scene, which is gradually loosing its culture. Get ready for another 'generation lost in space.'

As for draft dodging- looks like Mexico might get a good return volley of illegal immigrants. :D

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Rory is correct-
But just to repeat.

THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN. NEVER. THE WEBSITE IS FULL OF LIES.

So whats the real deal?

A couple of EXTREME left-wing senators are against the war. They are against all wars in fact.
So, they thought they would do some reverse psycology, and introduce a bill to RESTART THE DRAFT!

As liberals, they are against the draft. It was just a political game to SCARE people into being against the war.

Senators ON BOTH sides do this trick all the time. They know the bill will NEVER be passed, and ONLY introduce it for the side effect.

For example: That Schumer guy from NY introduces a bill every year to ban ALL GUNS. JUST to get his name on the paper and continue his "15 minutes"

Nick

·
Wheeeeee!
1,366 Posts
A good point, maybe, but it begs the following questions:

1. How long, do you suppose, is the war in Iraq going to go on?

and 2. Can we count on volunteers to keep up with the constant demand for troops?

I'm not sure I'm really against the draft in the first place, except that it'd put my college plans on hold for several years. Beyond that, I might be enlisting anyways.

Thing is, I don't care for the idea of my classmates being 3-4 years younger than I am.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Shytkicker said:
lol that "Liberal" site is assuming that Bush will win the ellection. :p

Thats election there Kerry boy. George Bush should win, at least we know what he's going to do. John Kerry's changing his plans constantly, contradicting what he's said in the past, alot. He's being dumb and trying to be everyones ideal choice. And don't forget, he doesn't own an SUV, but his family does lol.

·
Banned
2,745 Posts
juscheckin said:
wtf kind of question is who am i?? lol. like my other accts that i had? or why ihate advanters? i used to be $BLING$ got banned. came back as vikkid258 and got banned then i'm back as this guy.

YOU THINK YOU WOULD GET THE POINT THAT YOUR NOT WWANTED?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Shytkicker said:

1. How long, do you suppose, is the war in Iraq going to go on?
2. Can we count on volunteers to keep up with the constant demand for troops?
It will take as long as it takes.

The war in Iraq is part of the war on terrorism, and THAT war will likely go on for many years. Iraq is a small part (in scope) and I expect the troop count to slowely diminish after the changeover.

Islamic fundementalist terrorism is being taugh throughout the world in schools, and is a virus that is spreading.
Its not much different then Nazism and Communism, except it has NO BORDERS or national identity. THATS what makes it the most difficult.

Anyway.

There is currently no shortage of troops. I suppose we can ultimetly thank Reagan for that. He boosted the number of active/reserve troops far beyond what we really needed.
Plus, if we need more for the 'war on terror', I'm sure we would just pull them out of useless places like Germany and Japan.
We NO LONGER need to be there given those governments massive amounts of money

Nick

·
Wheeeeee!
1,366 Posts
Thats election there Kerry boy. George Bush should win, at least we know what he's going to do. John Kerry's changing his plans constantly, contradicting what he's said in the past, alot. He's being dumb and trying to be everyones ideal choice. And don't forget, he doesn't own an SUV, but his family does lol.
Funny, if he'd have said he owned it, and he didn't. the Ruptublicants would be all over him for THAT. No-win situation. :)

Care to point out his "flip-flopping," or is that just media here-say?

Oh, Kerry, you... you flip-flopping.. flip-flopper you...

HP_lovecraft said:
It will take as long as it takes.

The war in Iraq is part of the war on terrorism, and THAT war will likely go on for many years. Iraq is a small part (in scope) and I expect the troop count to slowely diminish after the changeover.

Islamic fundementalist terrorism is being taugh throughout the world in schools, and is a virus that is spreading.
Its not much different then Nazism and Communism, except it has NO BORDERS or national identity. THATS what makes it the most difficult.

Anyway.

There is currently no shortage of troops. I suppose we can ultimetly thank Reagan for that. He boosted the number of active/reserve troops far beyond what we really needed.
Plus, if we need more for the 'war on terror', I'm sure we would just pull them out of useless places like Germany and Japan.
We NO LONGER need to be there given those governments massive amounts of money

Nick
There currently isn't a shortage of troops because their tours are being extended. You know that. How long can we keep that up? And I think that, ahm, what makes terrorism more difficult is... *drum-roll* d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d- Invading other conuntries to "fight" it makes it worse!

As for training the Iraqis and gradually withdrawing... I think that's the difficult part. That was the whole idea in Vietnam. We'd just sort of, y'know, shoot in, teach the Vietnamese to fight, ditch out, and be done with it. Which... worked like a charm, obviously. :D

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I don't think he's a "flip-flopper" as much as a "fence sitter".

I honestly have no idea what his opinion is on anything.
He is very vague. I get the impression that he doesnt want to loose any potential voters, so hes just sitting on the fense.
Its not a bad idea. Clinton did it. Clinton won doing it.

Is he for or against the war? The military? Spending?
Is he for or against gay marriage? Abortion? Taxes? Guns? Health Care? Trade? I have no idea.

For each issue, he has 2 answers to appeal to both sides. If he keeps it up- I THINK HE WILL WIN.

nick

·
Wheeeeee!
1,366 Posts
Well, it's fairly easy to see where he stands, but, I dunno if you've been watching the republican attack ads, he's got to be cautious not to say too much.

Spudchucker said:
God help us all if that happens
Yeeah. These dirty liberals in office are so terrible for the economy. I mean, look at Cli- wait.. no, first balanced budget ever... record home ownership.. lowest inflation ever.. no, here look at.. look at.. Carte- no, wait.. decreased the defecit also... eight million new jobs... it's here somewhere.. I'm sure of it... Ah, here we go. George H. W. Bu- hey, wait-a-minute....

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
HP_lovecraft said:
I don't think he's a "flip-flopper" as much as a "fence sitter".

I honestly have no idea what his opinion is on anything.
He is very vague. I get the impression that he doesnt want to loose any potential voters, so hes just sitting on the fense.
Its not a bad idea. Clinton did it. Clinton won doing it.

Is he for or against the war? The military? Spending?
Is he for or against gay marriage? Abortion? Taxes? Guns? Health Care? Trade? I have no idea.

For each issue, he has 2 answers to appeal to both sides. If he keeps it up- I THINK HE WILL WIN.

nick
Exactly but to democrats like me, its basically the worst you can have if you vote for Kerry is Bush or better than bush. But if you vote for bush you just have bush, and it wont be better, so basically its like taking a risk. And if we take the risk we either end up with someone the same or someone better. Thats how it is to me at least, I dont wanna act like these are the views of every democrat and liberal.

Edit- very true shyticker.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts