·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I followed through with my tradition..
putting up lights in my room. unfortunately i only have one strand

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
I do normally. Last year I left them up for a few months after Christmas, but my mother eventually took them down since they "looked tacky".

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it isn't even december.
true. But I was walking home the other day from campus and saw plenty of houses with their lights up.. and plus Im outta here on the 10th so if I wanna decorate nows the time.. especailly since in 10 days ill be starting exams.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
another form of decorating:
my campus has this old ass cannon on it. It's been a tradition for years to paint it.. some times groups think outta the box. (speaking of which, last year some people turned it into a dick-in-a-box)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Smalls why do you celebrate Christmas? Aren't you like, agnostic or atheist or something along those lines?
Incredibly agnostic, borderline atheist.
My families catholic, so that's why we first celebrated christmas. Now it's just out of habit/tradition and an excuse to get the family together. None of us view it as a religious thing anymore.

·
Supporting Turtle
2,967 Posts
Ah I got you. It doesn't feel weird that you're celebrating a holiday for a religious Epiphany that you don't believe in?

Not going to go on a tirade or anything, you certainly have the right to celebrate any holiday any way you would like to, it just seems a little odd to me.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Yeah, I too am not all that religious. I am probably Agnostic, but I'm not to sure what I believe anymore.

I do like to decorate with lights though. I love lights and wish we had more than we actually do each year.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ah I got you. It doesn't feel weird that you're celebrating a holiday for a religious Epiphany that you don't believe in?

Not going to go on a tirade or anything, you certainly have the right to celebrate any holiday any way you would like to, it just seems a little odd to me.
nah, doesn't feel weird at all. The guys pretty much nailed it. It's all about getting the family together. The consumerism part kinda disgusts me, though, and every year I realize there isn't really anything I want. And likewise, my family tones it down every year.

I don't really regard it as 'christmas' either (always resorting to 'xmas' when I do have to say it). I just view it as the cultural tradition of 'the holidays'.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts