Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Law
622 Posts
I did it once in Israel I believe. I found some really little pieces and at the end I think we got to keep it. It was pretty easy, but definitely weren’t making any money.

·
Registered
221 Posts
You should have some good luck out where you are (in you are in Washington State). Try and find a stream in a deep gully in a mountainous region on a nice curve. I've done drunk panning when we go camping, no idea if I've found anything. Fun little hobby, especially if you find an area with a gold, and not a lot of people access it.

D

·
0 Posts
Did it in Moab, Utah and Black Hills, South Dakota. The experience was fun. You stand around for a few hours in the sun, while shifting and sifting your arms back and forth, in and out of water.

After I found out that the area and "pans" were seeded, it sort of took something away from the experience.

·
Administrator
14,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya i am not expecting to make any money off of it but i have heard washington is in the top 10 states for panning and there are a few creeks near us that people have mentioned for panning so i figured why not, sounds like a decent day trip and its cheap

couple of pans, a bucket, shovel, magnifying glass, some tweezers and boots

think i am missing anything?

D

·
0 Posts
knee pads, sandanas or caps with brims to protect the back of your neck.

anti-inflamatories, towels to sit on if you end up getting dirty... and always always always bring a roll of toilet paper with you on nature excursions. Improvisation isn't...desirable.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Something this dangerous you need to bring 3 forms of protection. Fire arms, sun screen, and 2 forms of birth control. :dodgy:

·
Administrator
14,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im getting you back for that one miller, just you wait

my gf and i were thinking of doing a little overnight trip to this creek, bring a few blankets, have some "late night activities" under the stars crash in the tent and go panning in the morning

1 - 20 of 25 Posts