Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
14,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a bunch of guys i hang out with on PBN play destiny. Hearing them talk about it reminds me of WOW. I'm kinda glad that I don't play. My MMORPG days are over with.
I guess kind of. Its not that.....addicting, maybe would be the right word. Its a fairly well designed game but the story is not very immersive and there is a lot of repetition once you get past the main body of the story so its not that hard to put down. If you want to do some of the harder stuff though you absolutely need to have people with you to co-op it which is kinda cool.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
I guess kind of. Its not that.....addicting, maybe would be the right word. Its a fairly well designed game but the story is not very immersive and there is a lot of repetition once you get past the main body of the story so its not that hard to put down. If you want to do some of the harder stuff though you absolutely need to have people with you to co-op it which is kinda cool.
you pretty much just descried WOW. Excpt the immersesive story. A good chunk of players don't pay attention to it, though. I know I didnt' care about it very much.

·
Registered
558 Posts
From the way I understood it Bungie wanted to make the storyline much more in-depth and a bigger / longer story, but Activision essentially forced them to cut a large portion of the game out so that it could be a 2-3 game series with 2 DLC packs per game for a 10 year deal. Not so much them making an incomplete story as much as the publisher being greedy

·
Administrator
14,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
but it already is an incomplete story and the first DLC is already out. Think about it, what happened, or changed between the beginning of the game and if you have the DLC, the death of Crota? "Light has returned to the traveler"

They had a little something going with the awoken queen but it just got brushed off basically. The stranger is still just that, a stranger. Absolutely nothing has progressed

·
mil-simer
1,102 Posts
From the way I understood it Bungie wanted to make the storyline much more in-depth and a bigger / longer story, but Activision essentially forced them to cut a large portion of the game out so that it could be a 2-3 game series with 2 DLC packs per game for a 10 year deal. Not so much them making an incomplete story as much as the publisher being greedy
That absolutly, positvely sounds like something Activision would do. Damn those guys, they are greedy as f*ck, I hate that they are staining Bungie's name (This feels kind of personal, I love Bungie because of what they did to Halo :()

1 - 12 of 12 Posts