Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Waste of a post. Either way I have shot one and it is AMAZING!. Def. a good gun and an Ego killer to boot.

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
To bad alien isn't big enough to compete with eclipse. I'd like to shoot one though.
True, but the Aliens do (IMO) shoot nicer than an Ego. The only thing I hate is the frames. HORRENDOUSLY uncomfortable for me. I downright hate them. Well, I did like 2 seasons ago when I last shot an Alien, but I don't think they've changed anything major on the frames since then, so I probably still would.

If anyone is interested in them, they have a thing (not sure how long it'll last) that for a minimal usage fee, they'll send you an 09 Independence to try before you decide if you want to buy one: http://alienpb.com/guns/try.php

·
Registered
0 Posts
As far as the frames on the 08's they offered an 85* frame (what I have on mine) and a 45, not for sure which one you got to use Miller. They only offer 45's on the newer models, I really hope everything keeps going well for them. I bought my 08 last season when they were no longer selling them on there site, talked to Jack Rice and he hooked me up with one of his own with a warranted on down.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Ahh, I'm quite fond of the one I've got. The 08's can be had for pretty darn cheap now, not for sure about the 09's. The 09's work on a much lower operating pressure, and they clean up some lines on it. Overall I like mine, not planning on whoring it out anytime in the near future.

·
Registered
0 Posts
The 9/10's are pretty much identical, had jack rice himself told me that when I got mine. Yeah, a guy at one of the fields I go to has a platinum 09, new it would have looked amazing yet with all the scratches its hideous. This one looks pretty clean :09 Alien Independence - PbNation

Not for sure on what they should be going for price wise.

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
Hehe, that's the one I was actually referring to as far as the hideous. That's the ugliest red I think I've ever seen on a paintball marker in my life. But yeah, that's the price that 90 Indy's generally go for. All the clear ones that I find guys are asking nearly $700 for still (and they're not exactly pretty), and all the other colors sell too quickly.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts