Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, this dude at my local field bought his 98C a few weeks ago so he can play at a renegade field until he recently found Ft. Campbell Paintball. He was a bit late, so as I was hurrying to help him get chrono'd (he didn't even know what "chrono'd" ment), a few balls fell out of his barrel.

I took the barrel off (along with the air and balls) and sure enough, there was no ball detent. I asked him if he has taken his gun apart, he said no, and I was like, "Hmm, Tippmann screwed up an order. That's pretty much a first for me," and so I went and got him a ball detent out of the field's spare parts, took his 98C apart...just to find out that his horseshoe spring is also missing.

Whoa! That's just abnormal. Two essiential parts of a 98C are missing, and it's brand new also.

Has anyone else had a ball detent missing from their Tippy (or your horseshoe spring also, if you have a 98C) when they JUST ordered it? I'm just curious as to whether he is lying to me or something about taking his gun apart.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Grand Lethal said:
I think that he has taken apart his gun before and he's just not telling you. Those two pieces are the easiest to lose after all.
definately true...i have forgotten to put those pieces back in a couple times...my bet is that your friend is lying...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts