Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started taking courses online through the army on arabic and am starting to almost think I might actually be able to grasp it. Ive got a whole hell of a lot of work left to do but somehow my company comander found out about it last week and asked me how it was going. I was like kick ass. I just started it because I like to broaden my horizons and maybe understand somewhat what is going on while I'm overseas. But major ward stopped me and asked how it was going and I told him I was doing my best and he mentioned how my testing scores were doing very well. This wasn't something I was told to do I just took it upon my self to use the free stuff that is included in my being in the army. He said there should be more soldiers like me and that if I continue to do well he will gladly sign off on me going to the army language school for it.

pretty good stuff..don't suppose any of you know the language at all?

O

·
0 Posts
I figured that if I do go into the military, I do wanna learn Arabic.

:tup for you Nick.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
I have to learn that ****. And Russian. **** both of those languages and their new forms of the alphabet that I don't want to learn ebcause they have like 35 letters.

·
look LOOK ! ha you looked
705 Posts
American english is going to a 35 letter alphabet in 2023...

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
[QUOTE='ME]American english is going to a 35 letter alphabet in 2023...[/QUOTE]

are you serious? if so i say its about time. I personally hate having two letters make an entirely new sound. I find it stupid and ultimately makes the english language harder than it already is.

·
ShArPeYe
1,271 Posts
BUBBASR. said:
any hints on making the process easier to learn?
unfortunatly no... my cousins used to live in lebanon and can speak clealy but can barely read it sometimes.. as for me i can speak it fluently but sometimes when im talking to some1 thats lived in the middle east all their life its hard for me to understand sometimes.. there are different dialects so it depends on which 1 ur learning but they are all very difficult and will take a lot of time to learn

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sharpeye3000 said:
unfortunatly no... my cousins used to live in lebanon and can speak clealy but can barely read it sometimes.. as for me i can speak it fluently but sometimes when im talking to some1 thats lived in the middle east all their life its hard for me to understand sometimes.. there are different dialects so it depends on which 1 ur learning but they are all very difficult and will take a lot of time to learn
I feel you there. for most nouns I can hear the word and tell you what it is. the verbs are crazy and most of them are so much alike unless I see the word I can't clearly tell which is which unless Ive just refreshed on them with pictures. props on knowing at least some of it. Im really hoping I can hit the language school because they have people there who speak fluently and you sit down in the class and study with them. The program they have is pretty good but as far as just learning it compared to putting it to use is very difficult.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
i believe my stepdad does. he probably learned it in the army also. i know what you mean about learning it, and putting it to use with natural speakers. i speak a fair amount of spanish, but trying to understand natural spanish speaking people is crazy.

·
ShArPeYe
1,271 Posts
i mean even speaking fluently me and my cousins get messed up sometimes with the verbs and nouns like nouns are sometimes feminine or masculine like in french but like i really cant explain much its very hard to explain but a great language to know and ull be very happy when u learn it just watch out for the different dilects

1 - 12 of 12 Posts