Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Find out what the minimum wadge is where you live, then Multiply that by the amount of hour syou would work, Your too young they won't give you full time, which is 80hrs on a Check. Then subtract roughly 25-30% of that For taxes and you got a Paycheck. thumup:

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
my friend worked there. DONT. mcdonalds (IMO) is degrading. in some they hire dirtbags, others they hire those immigrants who cant speak english and give you the wrong order. my friend said the lady dropped fries on the floor and just put them back in the little cardboard thing! but for being 14, youd get minimum wage. anywhere you go, you get minimum wage. but at your age, and what your buying, its not bad at all.

·
Registered
523 Posts
mcjob- A job, usually in the retail or service sector, that is low paying, often temporary, and offers minimal or no benefits or opportunity for promotion.

which derives from the job at mcdonalds...i have many friends who are employees there and it is not fun...steer clear of this job

2,668 Posts
It's probably not fun, but atleast it's money to hold you over till 16...Then you can look in classifieds for some good money. Lots of stores in the malls are willing to hire 16(or 18) year olds and they don't need any experience, and the pays alot better and you're not working in a grease pit.

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
well if you just turned 14, it will be hard to find a job. a grocery store isnt that bad. mostly kids work as the bag boys anyway. theres also bag boy unions and there isnt much to really do. we dont know your town so we cant really tell you WHERE to work. i would try to do something like babysit. your not gonna really find a job this late in the summer, and your 15 too. i cant find a job and im 15. well in a week or so, im helping my family friend stock stuff for his store, he'll pay me 5$ an hour.its around the minimum wage and i need money. infact, i just got back from the local camp and i got an application to be a counsler.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Don't work at mcdonalds, it might set the pattern for the rest of ure life(lol). Im about to turn 14 in September and next summer my brother who used to work at a fancy restraunt said that he would get me a job as a bus boy there. If u have responsible brothers it can help u because the restraunt or whatever will think ure just as responsible and hire u. Thats basicaly how i got my paper route. So u can be a bus boy or a paper bag guy at stores or a paper boy. Something like that. Although most stores and restraunts wait for u to become 15.

·
Registered
55 Posts
as a paperboy u can get up to $140 every month if u work 7 days a week and wake up early on weekends. Or you could get the 1 day a week where u have to do like 140 papers.

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
guys hes prolly gonna get more than minimum wage if they hired him... maybe its just a new hampshire thing but not one of my friends has ever been hired for less than 6 an hour, and i got my first job at dunkin donuts for 6.50 and hour when i was 14

but yea 14 is slightly young.. you prolly wont get hire till 15

you should work at a boat yard or yagtht however you spell it club. they give you like 10 bucks an hour to clean boats and and then you get tips from the rich people who's boats you cleand

1 - 20 of 24 Posts