Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive exterior Bumper Automotive tire Auto part Musical instrument

I picked this unused marker up for a steal, but their is no name or anything. I believe it is a pneumatic poppet style as it won’t shoot with CO2. Does anyone have any idea what brand/make or model it is.

Has a small micro tube running to the back area which is new to me also. The paintball energy battery that came out of it was dated 2013 if that helps.

any help I’d greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
14,120 Posts
Odyssey RPM

Interesting little markers but by a small manufacturer and never got popular. Unfortunately they pretty much always sell for under $100.

Here is an example from 4 years ago

Asking price was $80

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
O man, it looks super familiar to me. I'll have to get back to you on that. Do you have more photos? A photo of the board may help as well

Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Automotive exterior Gun barrel
Passive circuit component Circuit component Hardware programmer Networking cables Electrical wiring
Gas Auto part Motor vehicle Machine Automotive exterior

I’m thinking it is a pneumatic poppet as the cocker barely moves with CO2 hooked up. It also appears never shot. The ball detent is the two strips with little rubber tabs inside to hold ball back. It also has the cocker bolt in the rearward position at the moment (spring is on frontside), and the small air hose will propel it forward… is this pneumatic poppet style?
Kind of new to paintball and only have a tippman custom and this operates much differently by looks of it.

·
Administrator
14,120 Posts
Close, it's a FASOR (forward air, spring on return) basically air pushes the ram/bolt forward, the ram hits the valve which opens it to shoot the paintball down the barrel and then the air is released and the spring pushes everything back

Don't use co2 on that, it's HPA only.

If you didn't see my post above, it's a Odyssey RPM. Interesting but not really worth much. If it works, I say shoot it, chances are though you won't be able to find specific parts for it out there. The o rings are most likely standard sizes so you could do a rebuild but any part that is specific to this marker will be almost impossible to find these days

One thing you can do if you want but is not needed, replace the ASA/regulator on it. You'll need a stand alone regulator and a vertical asa adaptor but you could put a on/off ASA and a forgrip regulator on it if you wanted. That said, doing that will most likely cost more than the marker is worth as one sold for $80 4 years ago and I don't imagine there is any additional interest in it today

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Close, it's a FASOR (forward air, spring on return) basically air pushes the ram/bolt forward, the ram hits the valve which opens it to shoot the paintball down the barrel and then the air is released and the spring pushes everything back

Don't use co2 on that, it's HPA only.

If you didn't see my post above, it's a Odyssey RPM. Interesting but not really worth much. If it works, I say shoot it, chances are though you won't be able to find specific parts for it out there. The o rings are most likely standard sizes so you could do a rebuild but any part that is specific to this marker will be almost impossible to find these days

One thing you can do if you want but is not needed, replace the ASA/regulator on it. You'll need a stand alone regulator and a vertical asa adaptor but you could put a on/off ASA and a forgrip regulator on it if you wanted. That said, doing that will most likely cost more than the marker is worth as one sold for $80 4 years ago and I don't imagine there is any additional interest in it today

thanks for the input. This marker has never been shot…online says co2 compatible but with co2 it will not cycle at all, and I believe old ads stating co2 capable is not true? Also I do not know how to adjust the electronics…does anyone know of a manual for this? Any old links or does anyone know how to get one? Thanks in advance for al the help.

·
Administrator
14,120 Posts
thanks for the input. This marker has never been shot…online says co2 compatible but with co2 it will not cycle at all, and I believe old ads stating co2 capable is not true? Also I do not know how to adjust the electronics…does anyone know of a manual for this? Any old links or does anyone know how to get one? Thanks in advance for al the help.
Few things, first please stop posting all over the forum, it just makes it so I have to chase you around. If you keep everything here it's easier to reference in the future. I'm basically the only admin left, the forum doesn't get a lot of traffic any more

Here is the manual

Ave here is a useful additional info page put together by some users

[/URL]

Now my input

Don't use co2, while technically it's possible, you need a anti siphon tube and really is just going to cause more problems over time. Yes that marker has never been shot but o rings and regulator seals do deteriorate with time. Adding co2 will considerably shorten their remaining life if not just straight break them

Are you using a NEW 9v name brand battery or did you pull it out of the smoke detector? Paintball stuff needs a lot of juice

Check your inbox, I'm writing you a separate message

1 - 7 of 7 Posts