Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my car the other day and its a stick, im comfortable driving a stick, but i hear that the drivers test is more difficult in a manual and i have to take my drivers test in this car, so has anyone taken there drivers test in a manual? if so, is it that difficult? and do they make you do anything different compared to a automatic? thanks.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I've never even taken the driving test (about 3 months to go) but I guess it'd be harder with a manual... As long as you can handle smoothly driving and reversing with it, it shouldn't be too hard.

They take points off for burning out, even if it is on accident. :p

thumup:

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
i didn't take my test in my truck, which is a stick, but in mothers suv. I figured auto would be easier and less hassle-free, even though i can drive a manual flawlessly.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
They are picky about shifting (when and where) here and also picky about gearing down. If you're good go for it. Just don't shift though an intersection.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I took mine in a stick. I was supposed to use my dads truck but he locked his keys in it, so I ended up using my car. I was allowed three stalls(I think), even though I didnt end up stalling at all. Shifting isnt that big of deal, just dont take it into the real high revs before you shift down, and I didnt downshift during the test at all. I just tried to make the ride as smooth as possible.

Basically just dont be worried about it. As long as you can drive a stick well, it should be very simple.

·
PbF Supporter
4,738 Posts
I know if you stall once in Ohio anyway, you are failed. I would imagine (again, this might only be in Ohio) the maneuverability would prove to be quite difficult.

·
Registered
156 Posts
i was gonna take it in my truck (its a stick) but then i got to thinking i don't think there gonna like it when they see i have it straight piped from the header back and i have stickers in the windo and its lowered so i just took it in my moms car

·
Registered
250 Posts
Mr.McManus said:
but i absolutely have to take the test in my car so..im kinda stuck.
i think you said it right there... you gota use what ya got... just rember to keep it smooth... i can shift smoother then any of my privoiusly auto-box cars when i want to... but i tend to let it shift fairly high in the lower gears due to the close gearing of the ACR...

then again i never had to take a test... FL is kinda screwy... you take drivers ed in HS... assuming you pass with a B or better the teacher gives you a paper to take down to the DMV 6 months after you've had your permit (required period of time to have a permit before you can get a licence) and hand the yellow paper to the person behind the counter and they hand you a shiny new drivers licence... supposidly due to huge insurance costs for taking student drivers out on the road... kinda of a screwed up system IMHO as you never take the cars out on the street... just out on the "range" which is about the size of a football feild... they put sighns, lights, and all kinds of parking setups out there... but you ultamately never have to have real time or experiance on the road... then again if your 'rents are ok with you driving they will let you get some drive time... but there where a few kids in the class that i know hadn't ever gotten out on the street before they had their licence... scary thought

er anyway... i'm sure you've ben taught how to drive well... just rember the little things like signals at the appropriate times, checking your blind spots with your eyes not your mirrors... and that kind of stuff :) basicly all the dumb stuff that should be 1st nature in the 1st place.

mark

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
i took mine in my maxima ( its a 5 speed). the old tester lady said i was one of the best drivers she has ever rode with. i feel fore comfortable in a 5 speed, it gives me more control.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts