Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,027 Posts
The R6 is one of my favorite bikes. Definitly grab one if you can afford it. They are very expensive though.

If you're on a price budget, look into an older Kawasaki Ninja ZX-7 or ZX-6R.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
23,657 Posts
r6 is wonderful, you wont' be dissapointed. know a guy who owns one and every time somebody rides it the rant and rave about hwo good it is. Why havent' i ridden it? cuz I'm 5'6 140 lbs and don't wanna lay his bike down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
833 Posts
I have test rode an R6 and an R1, by all means if this is your first bike stay away from the R1 let alone any gixxers.

The R6 is a fabulous bike to ride, easy to get into a corner and back up when coming out of them. the overall ride comfort is pretty good however i would plan on riding it long distances as your back will start to hurt from being hunched over for so long.

If you can afford this inssurance and the payments go for it...just remember these words of advice....

"Dress for the Crash not the ride"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
martix_agent said:
r6 is wonderful, you wont' be dissapointed. know a guy who owns one and every time somebody rides it the rant and rave about hwo good it is. Why havent' i ridden it? cuz I'm 5'6 140 lbs and don't wanna lay his bike down.
Hahaha :rofl


1337PAINTBALLER said:
The R6 is one of my favorite bikes. Definitly grab one if you can afford it. They are very expensive though.

If you're on a price budget, look into an older Kawasaki Ninja ZX-7 or ZX-6R.
I dont know what year I'll be getting, but its deff not going to be a new one (dont have the $$$ for that yet or the insurance costs).

SWATORNOT said:
I have test rode an R6 and an R1, by all means if this is your first bike stay away from the R1 let alone any gixxers.

The R6 is a fabulous bike to ride, easy to get into a corner and back up when coming out of them. the overall ride comfort is pretty good however i would plan on riding it long distances as your back will start to hurt from being hunched over for so long.

If you can afford this inssurance and the payments go for it...just remember these words of advice....

"Dress for the Crash not the ride"
Yea I was thinking about the R1, I thought that would be completely badass but then started talking to some bike guys and on forums and realized its too much for a newbie hahaha. So the R6 was the next choice. I heard State Farm has good insurance rates for bikes and I'm deff getting some top equipment for protection.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
967 Posts
yea i was the same way...i wanted a R1 real bad and then i talked to some people so now im down to the R6 and dont plan on going any lower. You defenitely need to wear your leathers whenever you go out
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,027 Posts
Another good thing about the R6 is it redlines at like 16,000 RPMs. They aren't the best drag bikes but are indeed one of the best track bikes.

All in all I would choose an R6 or CBR 600f4i or CBR 600RR
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,027 Posts
Damn Katanas can push over 160?

I'm not a big fan of Katanas or as some people say "Canatuna" but I wouldn't mind one.

Got pics of it skurge?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,736 Posts
most of my friends have them, ima prolly get one during the summer.

list of friends' bikes:
susuki 600
honda 600
yamaha 600
kawasaki 600
kawasaki 636 i think
kawasaki 250
and some others have some crusiers
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,027 Posts
Depends on the year.

If you're looking at like a 2003/2004 and it was almost 20,000 i'd say that's a lot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,614 Posts
I really want one for graduation and my dad is somewhat giving in...and from the beginning Ive wanted a Busa...and a neighbor has a 2002 with low miles 65xx on it. He told me he'd let me have the bike for 8 grand. Well...I love this bike...Ive drove it and borrowed it for the weekends and such. It is one of the most beautiful bikes Ive ever seen. But the "terms me and my dad spoke about were getting rid of the yukon and my Iroc and getting me something else as well (i.e. 1989 cavalier, something along the old beater lines) What do you guys think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,614 Posts
1337PAINTBALLER said:
Don't get a Busa you'll end up getting hurt on it. 1300cc is not the bike to start with...
Ive riden it...a lot...and Ive riden 929s...tons of 600s. I feel confident on it...Ive taken it to Myrtle Beach (hour drive) numerous times...so Im fine with it and very comfortable with it...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,424 Posts
1337PAINTBALLER said:
Damn Katanas can push over 160?

I'm not a big fan of Katanas or as some people say "Canatuna" but I wouldn't mind one.

Got pics of it skurge?

i dont have pics ATM but next time i'm at my moms i'll grab a few

ya over 160 no prob, it has a few tings done to it though

stage 3 jet kit, modified exaust, and a couple other things
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top